Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kawasaki Teryx 750
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys took my teryx out last weekend and something broke in the top end of the cylinder, I haven’t been able to tear into it, since I’m in the middle of dropping the motor out. I know I’m gonna need a head, cylinders and pistons, my question is are the heads multidirectional or are they set front head and rear head. They appear to be but just want to make sure. Here is a picture of some of the carnage I found so far. Front cylinder is where my problem is. Also any insight you guys or gals may have in all ears since I’m gonna be into it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,436 Posts
"Probably a dumb question, I'm new." Followed by technical questions most people wouldn't even understand. LOL!!

Looks like a valve retainer let go and dropped the valve into the piston? Nasty. I'm pretty sure the jugs are directional, but I'm not sure about the heads. Once you have the engine out, it should be easy to tell.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I would look at Partzilla or Kawasaki.com and see if the part numbers are the same for the front and rear head to know for sure. It seems to me there is possible a coolant pipe on the front heat that is not on the rear? Just going by memory, and that ain't good sometimes!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts