Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the ProBox audio roof that has the JVC head unit and the 800watt amp?

I purchased a 2016 Teryx4 that has a ProBox roof installed. The speakers do not get loud enough to be heard over the engine at 20mph so I'm trying to sort out what is going on and I've noticed that the front wiring has a red/black/blue wire on each side. All red and black wires are wired to the battery and the blue wire on the driver side is wired to a 'ignition on' wire in the fuse box. The passenger side blue wire is not connected to anything.

I called and emailed ProBox but have not heard back from them. If the community can help me, hopefully it'll take some load off of them. With the sales numbers of SXS's in 2020, I bet they can't keep their stuff in stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Red and black wires are your power and ground wires. The blue wire I would assume is your amp remote wire. The remote wire tells your amp to cut on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red and black wires are your power and ground wires. The blue wire I would assume is your amp remote wire. The remote wire tells your amp to cut on.
There are two wires's with the big screw connector. Each one has red/black/blue. I'm wondering if both blue wires need to be connected. They currently only have one of them connected.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,129 Posts
I purchased a 2016 Teryx4 that has a ProBox roof installed. The speakers do not get loud enough to be heard over the engine at 20mph
:LOL: And there in lies the problem! If you get a sound system that CAN be heard over the engine, then your ears will be ringing at the end of the day o_O

Because of that, I find myself seldom ever even turning my system on anymore. Even thinking about just removing it altogether. Besides, I'm not a member of the 5-30 club. I prefer to ride and almost never stop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there two amps installed? If so they would need to be connected or tied into one and connected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there two amps installed? If so they would need to be connected or tied into one and connected.
I think it's just one 800 watt amp. I'll have to drop it and pull the head unit and see how it's wired. I would hope all 4 speakers and the one sub are wired to the amp. I've found that there is very little documentation about the internal wiring of the ProBox Tops available online because they seem to be plug and play units. I tested that the equipment all worked before I purchased the T4 but I was not scared of the wiring or configuration of the head unit until I got online and realized there is not much documentation out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts