Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have another brand but was able to sit in a 2023 Tyrex4 S LE 800 and it feels good. I have seen a lot of reports of it being loud and that it can get warm on your legs. My current SxS already has both those issues but it does sound like they added some insulation to the Tyrex to help that. My question is has any progress been made in those areas? Not sure if my wife would be happy with me if I didn't at least make some progress in those areas after spending that kind of money on a new SxS. Haven't been in one on the trails or anything but that is the size buggy I am looking for.

· Registered
17 Posts
Just about all sxs are loud and get hot after a while. Kawi makes a solid machine that does well in a variety of conditions. Out of all of the short wheelbase 4 seaters on the market, I think Kawasaki has the most comfortable interior...which for us was the deciding factor. The Honda Pioneer 5 jump seats in the rear are crappy for anyone but small kids, and the RMax1000 4 rear seat was much harder to get in and out of and had cramped foot wells.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just about all sxs are loud and get hot after a while. Kawi makes a solid machine that does well in a variety of conditions. Out of all of the short wheelbase 4 seaters on the market, I think Kawasaki has the most comfortable interior...which for us was the deciding factor. The Honda Pioneer 5 jump seats in the rear are crappy for anyone but small kids, and the RMax1000 4 rear seat was much harder to get in and out of and had cramped foot wells.
Thanks Wanderer,
Our local dealer that has kawi's also has yamaha. The Yamaha wolverine 850 is a unicorn around here but our dealer has several RMAX. I got to sit in one and crank it up. Outside of it is as loud as anything else but inside it is pretty quiet. Even opening the doors you can feel they are quality. Feels very solid. As you said I hated getting in and out of it plus just sitting in it was uncomfortable with that bolster hitting my shoulder. Feels like it is pushing me sideways. The Tyrex seats were soooo comfortable. What i have now is a Honda 700-4 deluxe and the back seats are very uncomfortable. It is loud too once you get going. I do have several friends that have the Pioneer 1000. Those things are quiet but do have a little heat problem like everything else. They have taken steps to alleviate that and have made some headway. Matter of fact my neighbor just bought a pioneer 1000 two days ago once he saw my little 700 and I told him about where to buy. They are nice but I want something a little sportier and is comfortable for our friends to ride in the back too. I really want the tyrex but wife says what we have is fine. I hate to go behind her back but may have to. :rolleyes:

· Registered
60 Posts
The Wolverine 850 has issues most aren't aware of. If you spend enough time on their forum you lean some of them The admin's suppress bad opinions and facts so you have to read in-between the lines.

there is a nipple under the lower air box which can and does come off unknowingly to the owners. If you go into water or mud it then sucks either into the engine and takes it out without warning. If not you sucking in dusty air which slowly eats the engine up.

The CVT's are terrible on the 850 designs. The secondary is very weak and both need servicing extremely often approx every 2nd oil change if you look at the owner manual. Normally only the primary requires some service/lubing and cleaning but the very difficult secondary is a big issue and is extremely more complex to take apart with the loaded spring to deal with. These are key issue and others I don't recall but weak part since covid have haunted the product line especially the RMAX which some people have dumped right after buying due the noise knocking and clanking sounds, transmission failures. Many found their fluids way below spec's upon delivery which is horrific quality control. Read their forum and you'll eventually see a pattern which after 3 years have not be resolved. Yamaha doesn't appear to care telling the dealers its normal. Older Wolverine 700 was a superior product in many ways. Some though had engines blow up due to assemble issues but the good ones keep going and the CVT did not have nor required mandatory servicing and could run 10,000km straight with anything being done.

A key reason I am here to get a better understanding of the Teyrx 2 build.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Wolverine 850 has issues most aren't aware of. If you spend enough time on their forum you lean some of them The admin's suppress bad opinions and facts so you have to read in-between the lines.

there is a nipple under the lower air box which can and does come off unknowingly to the owners. If you go into water or mud it then sucks either into the engine and takes it out without warning. If not you sucking in dusty air which slowly eats the engine up.

The CVT's are terrible on the 850 designs. The secondary is very weak and both need servicing extremely often approx every 2nd oil change if you look at the owner manual. Normally only the primary requires some service/lubing and cleaning but the very difficult secondary is a big issue and is extremely more complex to take apart with the loaded spring to deal with. These are key issue and others I don't recall but weak part since covid have haunted the product line especially the RMAX which some people have dumped right after buying due the noise knocking and clanking sounds, transmission failures. Many found their fluids way below spec's upon delivery which is horrific quality control. Read their forum and you'll eventually see a pattern which after 3 years have not be resolved. Yamaha doesn't appear to care telling the dealers its normal. Older Wolverine 700 was a superior product in many ways. Some though had engines blow up due to assemble issues but the good ones keep going and the CVT did not have nor required mandatory servicing and could run 10,000km straight with anything being done.

A key reason I am here to get a better understanding of the Teyrx 2 build.
Thanks CCC,
I really am leaning to the Tyrex. Just from watching videos of where people are taking those things are amazing. They seem to play way above their weight. Just like my little Honda I have now. I really want one and am just trying to justify the purchase. I have a 2021 Honda 700-4 deluxe right now and it has been good but how I use it has changed. I am really liking trail riding now and want something a little more geared for that. The little Honda that could has even followed some jeeps down a Badge of Honor trail and made it all the way through. Took a little finessing but it still made it. It is my first SxS after years of ATV's. I use it for hunting and have had three big ol boys with me plus a deer on my rack off the back and it hauled us all through the river bottoms to get back to camp. The Tyrex has also been around for a while. I am sure I will be pushing its weight limit though because it is rated for less weight than the little Honda and has less towing capacity too. I think it will handle it though.

· Registered
60 Posts
I though the weight & tow was quite high. Higher than most. Haven't looked it up again. One thing as you're a 4 seat user. the 850 Wolverine ride is extremely hard. Anyone buying then in the last year all complain looking for a solution. Basically have to gut and replace the Yamaha shocks at min. Very expensive for a full set of high end tunable gas shocks. My machine came with Fox nitrogen back in 2017 which is a Wolverine SE 700 which does whatever I need to do, still. I don't do deep water (foot well must be dry and no deep mud). If you do they can last without losing bearings etc.

Note the Teryx 4 requires a frame strengthen up front. See the thread on Bent Frame. SuperATV has an option to add on hopefully preventing that sort of thing.

· Registered
2023 Teryx4 s Le
2 Posts
I currently have another brand but was able to sit in a 2023 Tyrex4 S LE 800 and it feels good. I have seen a lot of reports of it being loud and that it can get warm on your legs. My current SxS already has both those issues but it does sound like they added some insulation to the Tyrex to help that. My question is has any progress been made in those areas? Not sure if my wife would be happy with me if I didn't at least make some progress in those areas after spending that kind of money on a new SxS. Haven't been in one on the trails or anything but that is the size buggy I am looking for.
I purchased a 2023 Teryx4 SLE earlier this year and love it. My Son-in-Law has a 2019 Teryx4 non S version and after I drove that I fell in love with the Kawasaki Teryx4. I had owned an older Yamaha 660 Rhino (2seat) prior and you want to talk about Loud and hot. That one was extremely loud. I live in South Florida so we snorkel everything since we ride in the Everglades and like to ride in deep mud and water. I absolutely recommend the Teryx4 and my wife loves it. Night and day in comfort and we have extremely hot muggy weather here but don’t feel like the Teryx4 is too warm in the front seats. Plenty of power for the riding we do. The best part is 4 adults can ride in the Teryx4 comfortably and plenty of leg room.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well everyone. I appreciate your help. Y'all will probably be mad at me but when I took the wife to look at the tyrex the dealer also had a yamaha RMAX4 1000 XTR for a pretty decent price. We ended up going in that direction. I have looked at some of the Yamaha forums and I haven't found one that is as good as this one. I appreciate all your information and quick responses.

· Registered
8 Posts
Yes a bit loud and warm like many others. I put in a PCI race radio with 4 headsets. Noise problems gone and we can all talk and stream music. We have a windshield that fully opens. It can get warm if it’s closed. It holds a partially open position that works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts