Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Pulling logs with Teryx 800

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  PBH 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I recently purchased a 2021 Teryx base model. I would like to use it to pull some cut down logs out of the woods. Good idea or not? What do I need to look for? I am cutting these trees up in sections before I pull them. Mostly hardwood.

TIA. Calvin

#2 ·
I say: have at it!
I did the first snow when I bought the new 2014 model. It is a pulling machine!
U will find ur limit when it gets real tough.
Remember, u should be alright after the break in period. Good luck

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I c/n remember the exact hours for break in. I was not anywhere near the number, but I did use low gear, 4x4 engage and I monitor how hard I was on the throttle.
I kept it 1/2 throttle or so in the beginning, after several sessions, I did increased power.
Some will say, drive it hard and fast as if in actual use. Your choice, just remember to check the oil and air filter regularly.
Happy use and enjoyment.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
They will tow / pull very well. I know the rating is 1300 lbs. But I just pulled my flatbed trailer this last weekend around a small farm. It weighs around 800 lbs empty, but it was also loaded with some odds and ends, probably only a few hundred extra pounds. I thought it would at least be a little trouble, maybe bog a little, maybe squat it some. I was very surprised that it was barely noticeable in squat, drivability, engine rpms, anything.
I would not be scared to pull a log, maybe not a 20 ft long, 3 ft diameter, through rocky terrain, and uphill, but normal stuff should not be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.