Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Teryx after having it on back order since May. I am 75 miles into the 100 mile break in period and have a large pile of accessories stacked up in the garage to install on it already. I am really liking the suspension on this model. I have ridden 4 seater Polaris Razrs, and Can am commander max's, and think how the suspension is set up on the Teryx does a good job compared to the others. The majority of the riding I do is in southeastern Ohio, and the Hatfield McCoy trail system in West Virginia.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
377 Posts
Welcome. Did you ever ride the original Teryx before the suspension upgrade to compare the two?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
362 Posts
I just received the Teryx after having it on back order since May. I am 75 miles into the 100 mile break in period and have a large pile of accessories stacked up in the garage to install on it already. I am really liking the suspension on this model. I have ridden 4 seater Polaris Razrs, and Can am commander max's, and think how the suspension is set up on the Teryx does a good job compared to the others. The majority of the riding I do is in southeastern Ohio, and the Hatfield McCoy trail system in West Virginia.
congrats on the new machine, that was quite a wait! Show us some pics once you get all of the goodies installed.
oh... and Go Blue!! :p

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
105 Posts
Congrats bud. I just picked mine up two weeks ago and put 143 miles on it. Brought it home and changed all the fluids. Taking it out tomorrow for the weekend. As you can see below, I had a lot of stuff to put on mine too lol. One thing I did as an FYI, I turned my shocks all the way down and then went 4 clicks up. Completely changed the ride and made it so smooth.

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
105 Posts
Welcome. Did you ever ride the original Teryx before the suspension upgrade to compare the two?
What up Haywire. I had my 2019 which I ran stock for a while and then had the SATV high clearance A Arms with spacers and the lift. Damn machine was awesome and I'm still mad about hitting that damn bear. I will say that this new S model is amazing. Just have to play with the shocks first. I will be posting pics shortly of mine since I'm all done putting everything on.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
377 Posts
I will say that this new S model is amazing.
That's what I want to hear. I love my '17 but that S model sure is appealing. I almost forgot about the bear. Getting the S model to replace the '19 didn't take too long, did it? I mean, considering... Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
105 Posts
That's what I want to hear. I love my '17 but that S model sure is appealing. I almost forgot about the bear. Getting the S model to replace the '19 didn't take too long, did it? I mean, considering... Looking forward to the pics.
Took about 3 1/2 months bud. Nobody had an 4s in stock.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
13 Posts
Congrats bud. I just picked mine up two weeks ago and put 143 miles on it. Brought it home and changed all the fluids. Taking it out tomorrow for the weekend. As you can see below, I had a lot of stuff to put on mine too lol. One thing I did as an FYI, I turned my shocks all the way down and then went 4 clicks up. Completely changed the ride and made it so smooth.
Could you explain a little more about "I turned my shocks all the way down and then went 4 clicks up" ?

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
105 Posts
Could you explain a little more about "I turned my shocks all the way down and then went 4 clicks up" ?
The adjustment knob on the rebound. They had it turned all the way up so I turned it back down (counter clockwise) and then back up. It was actually 6 clicks. This past weekend I put it back to 12 clicks which is halfway when I was cruising and would adjust to 6 or 9 when I wanted it.

Reactions: Wanab
1 - 13 of 13 Posts