Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Like a Boss
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CLARIFYING POINT - This is focused around getting three kids in the back, and may not be practical I suppose if you're trying to get three adults in the back. I know there is a demand for this in young families, as I've seen it all over various forums.

I hung up the phone with a guy from Koronis Parts, Inc., who is the brand owner for BEARD Seats. I had a really great discussion with him regarding the creation of a couple brackets for the back of the T4 that a 50", three person bench seat could be mounted to over the top of the center console without having to cut the plastics.

Interestingly, he said that they had not considered making a bracket for this application because they have not heard much demand for it. In my research in trying to find this very solution, I've found that there are actually a lot of people interested in it, but the fact is... There just really isn't anything available without cutting plastics, which some of us would rather not do in case we choose to return to stock one day.

He was interested in the things I had to say, and actually took my contact information and committed to tracking down a vehicle and looking into development possibilities. My goal here is to quantify enough interest that I can take back to him and show that the Teryx4 is a new model, and as people continue to buy, there will be a growing need. Hopefully he'll take the approach of getting something together while there is nothing else available and be first to market with a bolt-on application that doesn't require cutting plastic.

With that, please post here if you would be interested in seating three in the back of your Teryx4.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
The only issue I see with something going over the cupholders is the height, even an adults legs would hang freely without touching the floor boards.

·
Like a Boss
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only issue I see with something going over the cupholders is the height, even an adults legs would hang freely without touching the floor boards.
chickenhawk said:
I don't think that will leave enough head room. That's just my opinion.
Understood, but my thought on this application is more centered around getting three kids in the back. My kids can't reach the floor boards as it is now, and there is tons of head room for kids even above the cup holder height.

I should have clarified this in the OP. I know there is demand for a bench in the back for people with kids.

·
Like a Boss
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beard makes a bench they made this one for the utvunderground t4 build
You have to cut the plastics to mount that... And Beard didn't make a bracket, they only provided the bench. UTVUnderground figured out how to mount it themselves.

Again, I'm looking for the ability to return to stock eventually, which means I'm looking for a solution that does not require having to cut out the center console with a sawzall.

·
Administrator
God bless 🇺🇸
4,260 Posts
I'm definitely interested in a rear bench for my kids, and like you I don't want to cut plastic.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
It would be fairly easy to make a bracket that would mount any standard bench seat without cutting the plastics.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
We've been working with PRP to build the rear bench for the t4 that would have a little bit of a raised center section to accommodate for the factory cup holder without cutting it out. It got a little delayed due to a couple of other projects but we could definitely hop back on it if there was interest.

Let us know what you would like to see and we'll make it happen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We've been working with PRP to build the rear bench for the t4 that would have a little bit of a raised center section to accommodate for the factory cup holder without cutting it out. It got a little delayed due to a couple of other projects but we could definitely hop back on it if there was interest.

I think over is the way to go. I've seen RZR XP front seat made similar to that with a raised center . It works out great for a smaller child and the bigger ones have more head room on the outer spots.

·
Like a Boss
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Exactly what I'm looking for. The rzr xp4 has a similar problem, and PRP has a seat that has a slightly raised center to accommodate not having to cut cup holders out.

·
Jose Sanabria
421 Posts
So what's next??? :icon_rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn:
How about converting the Teryx4 into a 6 seater, ...adding a 3rd row! :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Ok guys...

Here's an update on the bench progress at PRP. The standard bench (which is flat across the top) is done and ready to order. As for the bench with a raised center section it's still in the works. One of our concerns is how much padding will be available for the center section and if it will be comfortable our not. Tomorrow we are going to build a set of risers to lift the flat bench up and see what can be done there. Based on what we've seen so far we think this would work great for the kids and be the most comfortable.

Feel free to give us a ring if you have any questions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts