Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just announced!!! 2013 Desert Bloom Rally by Sanderson Ford. Quartzsite, AZ, February 14-17. Poker Run, drive in movies, raffles, manufacturers midway, 6 great rides and so much more. Check out Five 2 Productions

Join us in Quartzsite, AZ, February 14-17, 2013 for the Desert Bloom Off Road Rally, the premier off road rally in the southwest. Enjoy beautiful, historic and scenic rides in some of the most epic terrain in the country. Bring the whole family as we offer something for everyone. The rally is open to all off road enthusiasts on UTV’s (side x side) and ATV’s (quads). Register at Five 2 Productions

Guided trail rides open to the public
RV hook-ups available
Drive-in movies in main camp site
Breakfast included for rally participants
BBQ included for rally participants
Loaded grab bags for all rally participants
Raffles, poker run, give-aways for rally participants
Manufacturers midway
Dinner cruise

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fun for all

Chad,

The first year (2008) was a blast and a huge success even though we only had 6 weeks to put it together. This year we are doing it much grander and within a couple of years, it will rival the large rallies and jamborees in Utah and Hatfield & McCoy. Come out and see for yourself. I will give you your money back if you dont have a blast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BR549,

Thank you for your interest in the Desert Bloom Rally. As of right now, yes, even in a SXS you need to wear a helmet due to our insurance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just got back from the BITD Vegas 2 Reno off road race and was able to meet with Mike from KC HiLites and they are in for the rally! Also talked with Rory at Racers only about the tshirt design and he is good to go. Elka gave me a strong maybe and I have a lot of follow up from the other companies that I spoke to. It is growing!

·
Registered
329 Posts
This sounds like a really fun event. I have a house in blythe. If we sign up is it cool to travel back and forth for the events and when is the cut-off for sign-ups?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gator,

Thank you so much for your interest in the DBR. You do not have to stay with us in the luscious and beautiful RV parks of Quartzsite but I do recommend you stick around on Friday night for the dinner cruise and Saturday night for the BBQ and raffles. There is no deadline to sign up for the rally. We will take walk up signups until 9:00 AM Saturday morning but please keep in mind that it is $85 for the event until February 1st. Then the cost goes up to $100.00 until signups close.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Desert Bloom Update!!!! - Now that the end of the crazy heat is in sight, I am starting to look at some dates to start running the trails that we will use for the rally. We will make sure the GoPros are running and I will get some footage up on the site. The area has been hammered with rain which will help smooth out the washes but make the climbs tougher. I can’t wait to see how it looks.
You can now get to the rally from Five 2 Productions which will lead you to the site. We are getting ready to launch the newest version of the website and it is looking great so make sure to check back now and then.
I have also been out pounding the pavement talking to shops and dealerships to help promote the event and fill up the "Performance Plaza", the response has been amazing. It is really starting to grow and we still have almost 6 months! We have tripled the number of website hits per day and we have stumbled across 3 newspapers here in the southwest with articles about the rally. We are blown away by the attention that we are getting. I guess an event of this quality was long overdue. Thank you for all your support and interest.

Jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rally Update!!! I just got off the phone with Erin at Turn 2 Productions and they have jumped on board with the Desert Bloom Rally in full force and will be on hand filming all four days of the rally. They will then edit the footage into a wonderful DVD featuring the stars of the show, the rally participants. It will be a great way to relive the wonderful event and show your friends what they missed. The DVD will be free for the first 50 vehicles to sign up. Thank you Turn 2 Productions!!!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Aha, someone already had a thread for this. Jason, I already registered for a spot with hook-ups and am pretty familiar with Quartzsite but where exactly is the event, i.e, map? Didn't see one on your site.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rally Central is at Tyson Wells which is on the south side of I-10 on the west side of HWY 95. The website is Tyson Wells. If you email me at [email protected] I will email you the maps. We are really excited that you will be joining us and we will promise a great time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We at Five 2 Productions hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! It will be the blink of an eye and Christmas will be here. Now that the weather is perfect, we have begun to run trails for the DBR. Here is some video from our last trip. See you in February!!!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Looks like fun! We'll see...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts