Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the installation instructions on high lifters site. They tell you to check your axle/CV clearance in the rear. They then show a picture of how to notch the frame to allow enough clearance should you have any contact. Anyone running into this dilemma? I think that I would just install limit straps. They must be high (on drugs) for telling people to notch the frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I recently installed this kit. I didn't have to notch anything. They tell you to lift the hub/a-arm assembly slightly from full drop to make sure the boots clear the frame & a-arm before you drill the hole & mount the bracket. Do this & check for clearances & you should be fine. I never had any issues.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't think I have ever heard of somebody needing to notch the frame. It is critical to follow the instructions closely when installing the rear brackets to ensure you don't run into that issue.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I installed my lift and the rear inner cv boots do come close but there is still clearance at full drop. I am running bandit shocks with the lift. I know I'm not the first one to do this setup but it is quite nice. I have enough sag in the shocks that I'm sitting only about 1/2" taller than stock. The ride is night and day better than before but with no ground clearance sacrifice. I may add some preload when I get new wheels/tires but for now it is great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a similar kit on my Teryx4, and decided to go ahead and notch the frame. I notched it with my sawsall, cleaned/painted the area, then filled it with black spray foam.

29" tires and new wheels on the way to go along with the lift

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have a high lifter 2.5” kit for sale if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My CV Boot was just barely rubbing when I added a 2 1/2" lift. I marked the point where it was rubbing and pulled the lower control arms. I used a blunt chisel, set the lower control arm on a block of wood and basically Hammered that point of contact back. Repainted that area ad replaced. It didn't take a whole lot to flatten the area where there was contact. I didn't like the idea of nothing out a section, it allows for water to intrusion of you lower control arm. My concern is, How is the lift going to affect the CV'S. Any response to that question?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,618 Posts
I installed the 2" lift on my 2016 Rex and have nearly a full inch of clearance on my boots. Not even close to needing to notch anything. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I to installed the 2" lift on my 2016 T2.
There were no mods reguired only drilling two holes for one bolt on each side of the Lower A-Arm. Not even close to the cv boot.
Was quick and easy. I may be missing something (forgive me if I am) but making any mod to a structurally part, drilling holes, or placing indents in frame for clearances that can be under heavy load due come with risks. (Premature failure) It will also null your warrant on the particular part of the vehicle or related areas.
But, I have had no problems with mine after almost 9000 Kms now and heavy loads.
One of the best accesories I have put on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed this lift on my 2019 T2 because of poor ground clearance. I did not need to do any mods. Handling is still great. Think about moving up from 27 to 29" tires to lower RPM at higher speed. Concerned about belt wear and speedo calibration.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pal,
I do not think belt wear should be a issue. I was concerned to about belt wear when I put tracks on mine. But so far everything seems ok. I have not physically check my belt but the performance still seems ok and i do not notice any slippage even when towing heavy loads.
As for the speedo calibration, well that goes right out the window. A buddy went up a size on tires and when compared to mine on rubber ther was a 10km/hr difference.
With tracks on the is a 20km/hr difference and unless someone can give me insight I do not know how to calibrate it properly. No biggie though as it is a slow as mud on tracks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buy your choice of 2" lift kit and only install the front brackets. I'm not aware of any company that sells, or at least advertises, only the front kit.
I have a 2019 2 seater. I bought the Dragonfire 2" bracket kit for $113 on Amazon and only installed the front. Took about an hour.

I run 28" Kenda Executioner tires on 14" wheels.

If I have a warranty issue I can pull the bracket off and throw the factory wheel/tires back on in an hour.

I don't plan on ever jumping the Teryx or even beating on it. So this seems like enough "extra" for my use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts