Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious if when you bought your machine and came to pick it up, did the dealer shine it up, and fill the gas tank? And did they go over anything about the machine? Did they talk about their service Dept.? The place I went didnt do any of that. Then a few weeks later I got a carbon copy of a punch list that evidently they’re supposed to go through, in the mail. It was just all checked and signed by someone I’ve never met. Just a real sleazy feeling I got at the end. They were the only place that had the color machine I wanted that was within 150 miles, or I would of never finalized the purchase. Just curious is all. And this place is a car and truck dealer mainly, the Kawasaki sales are stuffed in the back kind of. And the sales takes place in the building that say Chevrolet on the front. Seems like the Kawasaki sales take a backseat to the vehicle sales. I’ll do all I can to steer anybody I know looking at Kawasaki to shop else where. I’m not going to name them on a public forum, as they can’t reply. And there are 2 sides to everything, but I’ll never buy there again. I’ve waited to fill out the questionnaire that Kawasaki emailed me after the purchase. Just incase I need any warranty work. And I’m on the list to get the new knuckles. So I understand they get shipped to the dealer I bought from for replacement. They could really jack me around in that regard. I’ve bought new cars and trucks and motorcycles and snowmobiles and 4 wheelers, and never had this happen. Just curious what others have experienced.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's kind of on you to ask them about those things if they don't offer up the info to you. I would be a bit leary of them as well if they weren't upfront at the point of sale, and appreciate you not calling them out by name on the forum. It would be different if they had flat out done you wrong. Give them a chance. Hopefully they turn out to be a good dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im not sure of your location...assume its in alabama haha...but i had a similar situation here in ohio where i bought my T4. Only difference here is they appologised for doing this and the salesman told me that he was just so busy (there showroom confirmed this) and that he would make it better to me later on and he did just that. Did you confront the sales staff or talk to the sales manager on this? did you work with multiple people in the sale?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine did all that. Said they'd put little fuel in it too. When I went to fill the tank up I could only get 3 gallons of fuel in it. Not too shabby... tied to get a t-shirt but they only had 3XL's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my original sales guy was off the morning I went to buy. And I had been in during the previous week during the evening to look at the krx and see if it was what I wanted. Then when I’m signing papers and turn down the extended warranty for $1760, this guy says his Kawasaki rep is here and he goes out and comes back and said they could do $1370 on the 3yr warranty. Then in strolls the so called kawi rep, and it’s lumpy the sales guy from a different night I was there. So he walks in and I just shook my head. There was another issue this guy tried to add into the sale too. I just hope the service techs that will be changing out the new knuckles and A arms are competent. I know if it’s not in the contract, it means nothing. It was just the stereotypical lying sales guy. There are stereotypes for a reason. We all look for the cheapest price, and that means dealers hire the cheapest employees. I just like dealing with honest people. It’s nothing personal, it’s just business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They did try to add that service contract on my deal, without asking me too... After the 1k shipping and "build fees" of 600 -ish I was over the BS add ons...
Started out at 17395, ended up with 19k + sales tax...
Typical bait and switch...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts