Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Slimp-O
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of oil is every one running in there rear diff. It says to use hydro oil. Just wonder what kind you all are running.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Amsoil 5W-30 Tractor hydraulic/transmission

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I have stayed with the kawi wet brake fluid myself. Change it frequently

Reactions: 2015T2MD

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
I have stayed with the kawi wet brake fluid myself. Change it frequently
Don't be scared Wayne, come on over and join the Amsoil brotherhood!

Reactions: Yamasaki

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Don't be scared Wayne, come on over and join the Amsoil brotherhood!
You call it a brotherhood, I call it a cult....Drink the lemonade ! Drink the lemonade !!!! LOL

Gonna be tough to make me switch from mobile1.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I run Mobile 1 Racing Synthetic in the engine and front diff but I run Amsoil from AZ_Amsoil in the rear. Worked very well for my 08, 09 and now my 11 Teryx. Thanks AZ_Amsoil.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
The front takes the same thing you put in the engine. The rear takes I thin kit is .95 quart but it is heavier oil. Amsoil calls it something like tractor oil.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
the rear needs a special oil because of the wet brake.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I use the heavy duty hydraulic/tractor fluid from NAPA that meets the specifications/requirements (wt brake, etc.). It comes in a gallon and is about the same price as a quart of anything else... Works great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So the Kawi oil for the rear is basically like TCH or HyTran? I have a Case 580c loader that takes that stuff. I just got my 08 Teryx and I'm thinking they may have never done the diffs. Maybe I run the HyTran (tractor oil) in the diff, drain it, more HyTran, drain it etc...just to flush it out nce, then pour in the better Amsoil?
For the front diff synthetic oil doesn't hurt the locker friction plates at all? No slip? I suppose as long as it's not a Moly oil eh?

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
So the Kawi oil for the rear is basically like TCH or HyTran? I have a Case 580c loader that takes that stuff. I just got my 08 Teryx and I'm thinking they may have never done the diffs. Maybe I run the HyTran (tractor oil) in the diff, drain it, more HyTran, drain it etc...just to flush it out nce, then pour in the better Amsoil?
For the front diff synthetic oil doesn't hurt the locker friction plates at all? No slip? I suppose as long as it's not a Moly oil eh?
You should be fine running the HyTran in the rear diff. The front diff uses 40 weight JASO motor oil, so no, it will not hurt the friction plates as it is designed to work with them. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK. Thanks. I'm just going to run the HyTran in the rear for a few miles to flush the diff. Then I'll drain it and put in some better oil, like the Amsoil. If it looks dirty when I drain it, I might pour in more hytran and go another couple miles. Sound like a decent plan?

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2015 Teryx2 owners manual says "API " GL-5" Hypoid gear oil" for the front diff.
Says it holds 1 quart for a drain & refill.

Manual says Kawasaki gear and wet brake oil (or tractor hydraulic fluid) for the rear. Says it holds 1 quart aswell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts