Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've been running the Hytran in mine for a long time with no problems! If it works on heavy equipment in a toy shouldn't b a problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What does the rear take gonna switch to Amsoil front and rear?
I just bought a used 2010 kawasaki teryx 750 F I , with 181 hours on it. I orded a 2010 owners manual for it on line. I changed all of the fluids , filters , spark plugs , etc. , and wanted to use what was recommended in the manual. I had a difficult time finding the recommended oil for the REAR diff. . The local Kawasaki dealer tried to sell me 80w-90 hypoid gear oil (quote: "that's what we use").....WRONG..... it's sad when you can't trust the dealer. (maybe it was just the one parts person). I did some research and found that JOHN DEERE HY-GUARD #TY6354 (TRANSMISSION AND HYDRAULIC OIL) in a one gallon "jug" meets the specs. , the cost was a bit more than $17.00 for the gallon. The label states it's for use in temperatures (ambient) between -13 degrees F to +122 degrees F , and "exceeds the minimum requirements of the JDM J20C specifications" . This oil crossrefferenced with the rear diff. oils recommended in the 2010 owners manual.......which were ....... MOBIL FLUID 424 , CITGO TRANSGUARD TRACTOR HYDRAULIC FLUID , and EXXON - HYDRAUL 560 ..... PLEASE "double check my findings" , but I'm 99 & 9/10 % certain . Other oils that I found were VERY EXPENSIVE and / or not available in "small" quantities , also there seems to be John Deere dealerships fairly close by most areas. Hope this helps. Chet Z.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Caution: Different years use different products. Don't rely on this thread for every year. Foe example, later models don't use engine oil in the front diff.

What you need is in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can download it at kawasaki.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the Kawi oil for the rear is basically like TCH or HyTran? I have a Case 580c loader that takes that stuff. I just got my 08 Teryx and I'm thinking they may have never done the diffs. Maybe I run the HyTran (tractor oil) in the diff, drain it, more HyTran, drain it etc...just to flush it out nce, then pour in the better Amsoil?
For the front diff synthetic oil doesn't hurt the locker friction plates at all? No slip? I suppose as long as it's not a Moly oil eh?
Well I use johndeere j20d spec fluid in the rear diff as well as the front diff its all tge same as hygaurd hydro oil. It keeps the wet brakes in good shape as well as the gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a used 2010 kawasaki teryx 750 F I , with 181 hours on it. I orded a 2010 owners manual for it on line. I changed all of the fluids , filters , spark plugs , etc. , and wanted to use what was recommended in the manual. I had a difficult time finding the recommended oil for the REAR diff. . The local Kawasaki dealer tried to sell me 80w-90 hypoid gear oil (quote: "that's what we use").....WRONG..... it's sad when you can't trust the dealer. (maybe it was just the one parts person). I did some research and found that JOHN DEERE HY-GUARD #TY6354 (TRANSMISSION AND HYDRAULIC OIL) in a one gallon "jug" meets the specs. , the cost was a bit more than $17.00 for the gallon. The label states it's for use in temperatures (ambient) between -13 degrees F to +122 degrees F , and "exceeds the minimum requirements of the JDM J20C specifications" . This oil crossrefferenced with the rear diff. oils recommended in the 2010 owners manual.......which were ....... MOBIL FLUID 424 , CITGO TRANSGUARD TRACTOR HYDRAULIC FLUID , and EXXON - HYDRAUL 560 ..... PLEASE "double check my findings" , but I'm 99 & 9/10 % certain . Other oils that I found were VERY EXPENSIVE and / or not available in "small" quantities , also there seems to be John Deere dealerships fairly close by most areas. Hope this helps. Chet Z.
You are correct it is the same as the JD gator which is biult by Japan for JD as are most of there tractor s kubota is problt about the same. I don't know I have not done research on them. But it takes the same as my Jd tractor2002 transaxle with wet brakes im thinking the transaxle in the kawasaki is filled with the same. When the amsoil and johndeere oils were compared the amsoil did not stack up against the jd fluids. Remember jd has more research in this than another company in the world. Trust jd fluids non better plain and simple.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts