Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, while I'm at it looking for a good dealer to purchase from, I thought that I might as well start getting info together for our first purchase.... a rear SEAT.

Since one of the primary purposes of this rig will be the kids, I'm looking for a good seat that will comfortably fit 2 kids, be safe etc etc. Headrest would be nice.

What do you guys think is the best and what's a good value?

What will provide the smoothest ride for them?

Are any of the seats on the market easier to remove when not in use? It's not a big deal, but I've been thinking about using a Jeep wrangler seat that's removable until the kids get old enough for rougher rides.

What is the preferred mounting method? I'm a little hesitant of mounting the seat on the side of the bed... I would rather be drilling holes in the bottom of the bed.

Thanks for the help. We're looking forward to our puchase and getting it set up for the kids. After we work out the seat, we'll be getting a cage built and start on the CDI etc:drive1:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a seat from a geo tracker. I mounted it on a tool box I made from 3/4 plywood so they had a little leg room. I got the seat in a junk yard for $50. I used a universal jeep seatbelt kit and mounted them to the seat and the box. So far it works great and I have even had adults in the back.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
B.S. Sand

We sell the B.S. Sand seats they are very high quality and there bench seats are well priced starting at $350.00. We can get other brands also.

They make this wider 52" also but I don't think it will fit in a Teryx.

Here some of there complete sets

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the info. I've got a 'free' jeep seat & belts for the short term. I'm working towards something that'll hold them in a little more with full belts ideally for 3 kids. I don't think that I need anything wider than the 42" setup. the jeep seat is more narrow than that with no real sides.

UNLEASHED, how do you rig up the setup in the picture with the 3 sets of belts? The seats I've seen don't seem to have the correct holes in place.

Also, is there any real advantage to what they call the 'suspension' seats? Since the rear seems to amplify the bumps etc if there is something that'll soften the blows, that might be worth considering.

thanks all.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Thanks for all of the info. I've got a 'free' jeep seat & belts for the short term. I'm working towards something that'll hold them in a little more with full belts ideally for 3 kids. I don't think that I need anything wider than the 42" setup. the jeep seat is more narrow than that with no real sides.

UNLEASHED, how do you rig up the setup in the picture with the 3 sets of belts? The seats I've seen don't seem to have the correct holes in place.

Also, is there any real advantage to what they call the 'suspension' seats? Since the rear seems to amplify the bumps etc if there is something that'll soften the blows, that might be worth considering.

thanks all.
On that particular UTV there is a harness bar built into the cage for the shoulder belts and the lap belts have tabs that are welded to the frame that mounts the seat to the bed.
Suspension seat is much more forgiving than your typical spring seat allowing a persons body to travel in the seat instead of the body absorbing the bumps the seat does. I strap my 2 year old in one of these seats in a car seat and he has been duning with us since he was 5 weeks old.
Weather you buy from us or someone else be sure you use a quality seat with a quality mount and harnesses also a well built complete cage not an add on. I don't know how old your children are but saving money for a less than top quality product is just not worth it when it come to the kids.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

I agree on the safety stuff. Right now, we just use the jeep seat to get around on our property. Without the cage, we haven't let them do any real riding back there. We're looking into a complete cage. Just debating ordering one and suffering the shipping or trying to get one of our dirt track car builders to help out on one. Either way, I have little confidence in the stock cage even for just me.

Just need to get the seat first with the mount to ensure that whether we build a cage locally or order one, it'll accomodate the rear seat.

Can you PM me some pricing on a rear seat w/an option on 3 belts? Would prefer a mount that attaches to the bed, not the sides. I don't trust the side for support.

Thanks. My kids are 1, 4 & 6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts