Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a fold down windshield and heard that a rear windshield is needed to keep the dust out when the windshield up, otherwise it creates a crazy vacuum effect in the cab. Is this true? If so, does anyone have a recommendation for a rear windshield? Do the mesh rear windshields work well?

Fold Down windshield I was looking to get is the: Clearly Tough 1/4" fold down windshield.

Current vehicle: 2013 Kawasaki Teryx4

Any help would be great, thanks!

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
I've got a full glass windshield and a tusk rear window that mounts on the outside of the cage so I can have a rear kid seat harness rigged up. There is another brand that mounts on the inside of the cage so you can mount stuff to the outside of the cage. Fuel Pump Filter Getting Plugged
I haven't tried a mesh screen.

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
523 Posts
It does for me. I've only used my teryx with no windshield on the first trip and it wasn't too bad. I bought a full windshield and rear window at the same time. I haven't ran a full windshield with no rear window myself but my cousin has a full plastic non folding windshield and doesn't have a rear window, it was pretty unbearable for them riding in the dust or down a gravel road. Having the rear window does make a big difference. If you're gonna run a full windshield I'd buy the rear window.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does for me. I've only used my teryx with no windshield on the first trip and it wasn't too bad. I bought a full windshield and rear window at the same time. I haven't ran a full windshield with no rear window myself but my cousin has a full plastic non folding windshield and doesn't have a rear window, it was pretty unbearable for them riding in the dust or down a gravel road. Having the rear window does make a big difference. If you're gonna run a full windshield I'd buy the rear window.
Gotcha, Thanks so much for the feedback.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does it help keep the dust down pretty well with a full windshield up?
Yes. It does much much better as I had a full windshield that didn’t flip. Till I flipped and didn’t have a windshield at all. It worth losing some visibility to keep dust out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments! Has anyone tried or know anyone that has used the mesh type rear screen? Just curious if its very effective and works the same as the plastic type windshields...

·
Registered
2021 Teryx Base
21 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments! Has anyone tried or know anyone that has used the mesh type rear screen? Just curious if its very effective and works the same as the plastic type windshields...

I second this question!? I got a full EMP windshield and I haven't been out riding to test but I made a mesh one out of black/plastic screen replacement roll, black gorilla tape, tarp grommet kit, and 4" bungee balls using less than $10 in purchased materials and things I had in the garage. Not going out until Memorial Day weekend but really curious how it will perform compared to the solid ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking to get a fold down windshield and heard that a rear windshield is needed to keep the dust out when the windshield up, otherwise it creates a crazy vacuum effect in the cab. Is this true? If so, does anyone have a recommendation for a rear windshield? Do the mesh rear windshields work well?

Fold Down windshield I was looking to get is the: Clearly Tough 1/4" fold down windshield.

Current vehicle: 2013 Kawasaki Teryx4

Any help would be great, thanks!
I've done a lot of studying on these since I have a windshield on my 2020 T2 and usually wind up covered in dirt and dust when I ride with it closed. I'm in the process of ordering the mesh one from utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com. The mesh still lets air flow through for some in-cab ventilation. I've also seen comments that it allows you to trailer on an open trailer without removing the dustguard.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone tried Kawasaki’s rear window. It’s a clear polycarbonate and it looks very nice. I think I’m going to order the front Polycarbonate windshield and rear from them. They’re a little pricey but looked to e constructed very well.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
273 Posts
Has anyone tried Kawasaki’s rear window. It’s a clear polycarbonate and it looks very nice. I think I’m going to order the front Polycarbonate windshield and rear from them. They’re a little pricey but looked to e constructed very well.
I haven't seen the Kawi version, but if you're looking at hard rear windows I know that SATV makes a nice one that would be worth considering.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have had the Tusk soft rear window on for several years now and pretty happy with it, especially considering the price. Usually fold it down when trailering but have forgotten a few times and no issues on the freeway. Only takes a couple of minutes to fold it down. Just unhook the top straps, fold it down to the next straps, then hook the top straps around the bottom portion of the cage.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
273 Posts
I have had the Tusk soft rear window on for several years now and pretty happy with it, especially considering the price. Usually fold it down when trailering but have forgotten a few times and no issues on the freeway. Only takes a couple of minutes to fold it down. Just unhook the top straps, fold it down to the next straps, then hook the top straps around the bottom portion of the cage.
you talked me into pulling the trigger on the Tusk from this thread... got it in the mail this weekend but it's not on yet. you should get a commission, lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't seen the Kawi version, but if you're looking at hard rear windows I know that SATV makes a nice one that would be worth considering.
Here is the Kawasaki rear window. One whole piece.

The Super ATV one looks ok but many separate pieces.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
273 Posts
Here is the Kawasaki rear window. One whole piece.

The Super ATV one looks ok but many separate pieces.
oh yeah... that is nice for sure. I like how seamless it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts