Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the recall done in late Aug and was told they needed some letter to get the $300 refund. I believe they wanted to see the 6 mo ext. Well that was over and I ordered , I thought , led head lights and oil filters to finish out the $300. Now, not ordered needing some letter with the $300 spelled out????????? I'm I getting jurked around or not.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
you dont need a letter once the recall is done kawi gives the dealer a credit,i think some dealers get pissy about doing the paper work to.but you should get a letter stateing you get 300$ kawi credit after the recall is done,if you have a problem call kawi i know they will help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Just call Kawi. Dont mess around. They will call the dealer and straighten them out if they are in the wrong. But some will tell you that it is a one time shot. Use it or lose it. I made sure I used it all and then some the first time around.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used mine last week. I still had the letter from Kawi, the dealer said they never heard of it. They hadto call Kawi and then found out it was credited to their account after my recall was done and the paperwork was submitted to Kawi. I had to use it all at once, i bought a T4 belt, full face helmet for my wife, and a six pack rack for my daughters raptor 250. I only had to add $55.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
As stated above, the dealer recieves a credit that they are supposed to pass onto to you letter or no letter. The dealer should resolve the issue and if not give Kawie a call to see what steps need to be taken to resolve the issue.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
recall

I had the same issue. My dealer said I must wait for the recall letter. I did and when I showed it to them they said they would look into it. I told them to call me as soon as they know anything. They never called me . So I had to call Kawasaki myself. They told me when they sent the recall kit to my dealer my dealer would receive the credit and pass it on to me. My dealer did not give me the credit until they recieved it from Kawasaki. It took over two months. Here is the number you need to call (866)-802-9381 tell them to call your dealer and explain how it works. If you want your credit you need to call and get the ball rolling. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks seems the dealer does have the money. On order this wk I'll wait 2 mo to find something else is needed, just as long as I have the lights on before I sell this summer. Doing bussiness with Kawaski has from the start has been a pos. They are not cust friendly at all and no one knows anything. Today is the first time the factory ever helped and still the dealer called not the factory as they sail they would. Kaw does not care or does not know how to care. The T4 is a nice machine to bad Kaw makes it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the Forums? T4 had a recall for steering box issues. Caused a lot of pain and heartache. I'm getting the feeling lately we t4 owners are a pretty elite group.
Well, kind of new, been haunting the forum for several months. Got a 2010 Teryx the first part of the summer, mainly for use on the farm. Still learning it's idiosyncrasies , and it is learning mine :) Thanks for the info, still alot to learn.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I went in my dealer this week to use mine for a tail light and no problems. My dealer told me I needed to go ahead and use it though because it expires at the end of this year. I was unaware.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I went in my dealer this week to use mine for a tail light and no problems. My dealer told me I needed to go ahead and use it though because it expires at the end of this year. I was unaware.

Wow..that seems kinda chicken shit,glad you used it. Sounds like some folks may not even be aware of the recall. My buddy just got some A-arm guards with his credit. I was impressed,they're nice! (Kawis btw)

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Yep. That makes number two. Actually did it towing my buddies rhino that had a broken ball joint out of BFE in the middle of the night. May have been a beverage or twenty involved. Don't really remember..lol. also messed cargo liner up. Took one for the team.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts

Yep. That makes number two. Actually did it towing my buddies rhino that had a broken ball joint out of BFE in the middle of the night. May have been a beverage or twenty involved. Don't really remember..lol. also messed cargo liner up. Took one for the team.

Funny how that shit seems to happen when beverages are involved! Long as nobody got wounded..no harm,no foul!:pint: Maybe a bumper and light guards should be at the top of santas list eh?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Only thing wounded was his pride and my ride..lol. Tail light guards on the way with a new cargo liner and a cage chop with an integrated custom bumper coming soon. I hope I can pull it off like I want. We'll see.:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Only thing wounded was his pride and my ride..lol. Tail light guards on the way with a new cargo liner and a cage chop with an integrated custom bumper coming soon. I hope I can pull it off like I want. We'll see.:beer:

Be sure to post up some pics of that bad boy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts