Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hung up the phone with my dealer. My T4 is in getting insurance repair after driving a stick through my main wiring harness. He pulled the latest bullitins while I was on the phone and it now says the Kawasaki has authorized a loaner program while customers are waiting for their recall parts which will deliver mid August to the dealers. This sounds great but my dealers first reaction was "how am I going to give you a loaner when the T4's in my stock have not had the recall done". There was not any other updates but maybe they will give you a T2 for a ride if needed??? I have other issues with mine so I am already planning to be down and out until mid August but for those of you with trips planned and payed for you may want to dig into this a bit. I must say that I think Kawi is stepping up to the plate and doing what they can to help us in this situation. Have a nice weekend everyone!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, I scheduled a loaner this afternoon. The program is set up with Mules and T2's as the loaners. My dealer stepped up outside the loaner program and is also giving me a RZR XP for my loaner. I've been wanting to drive an XP, just hope if(when) it breaks one of you are around with your Teryx to tow me back!!!:rofl2:

·
Registered
118 Posts
how long will the dealer let you loan a ride??? I'm sure not for the whole down time... If you're like me, I may not know if I'm ridin or not til the night before... Some guys I work with go out on the weekends but its usually hit and miss on the days. I wouldn't think my dealer would let me have a t2 until mid August. But worth a shot huh?!?!?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got an email from Kawi stating the timeline for the parts availability. Gonna be a mad rush at the dealers to get this fixed! Bummer is, most of summer will have gone by without a ride.:sad: Gonna have to ride the hell out of it to make up for lost time!!:devil3:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, I scheduled a loaner this afternoon. The program is set up with Mules and T2's as the loaners. My dealer stepped up outside the loaner program and is also giving me a RZR XP for my loaner. I've been wanting to drive an XP, just hope if(when) it breaks one of you are around with your Teryx to tow me back!!!:rofl2:
You might keep that XP and tell them to shove the T4

·
Registered
645 Posts
Has anyone in Canada checked to see if they will have a loner program for us? I want to do lots of riding this summer, it would be nice to have something!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got an email from Kawi stating the timeline for the parts availability. Gonna be a mad rush at the dealers to get this fixed! Bummer is, most of summer will have gone by without a ride.:sad: Gonna have to ride the hell out of it to make up for lost time!!:devil3:
I don't know about a rush. Kawasaki told me that dealers will fix sold units already in owners possesion prior to fixing the ones they have in stock. Dealerships will get parts for every unit they've sold and for their inventory. It won't be a first come first serve. Naturally, and rightfully so, those that have had their T4's longer will be first.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
When my dealer gets my parts if they don't get me in effin ASAP I will make them give me the parts and do it myself. I'm more experienced with the teryx than all of their mechanics anyway!

Reactions: chad59

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know about a rush. Kawasaki told me that dealers will fix sold units already in owners possesion prior to fixing the ones they have in stock. Dealerships will get parts for every unit they've sold and for their inventory. It won't be a first come first serve. Naturally, and rightfully so, those that have had their T4's longer will be first.
that is not true. dealers will get the parts, it is up to you to make the appointment to have yours fixed.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
when parts are sent to your dealer for your unit you will get notified but you have to make the repair appointment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
that is not true. dealers will get the parts, it is up to you to make the appointment to have yours fixed.
...and you don't think they'll notify you when the parts come in? If not, you should find a new dealer!

Uhhhhhhhh, just make the appointment to have yours fixed when they notify you the parts are in.

·
Registered
475 Posts
How do you guys get this info so quick?? I called the dealer I bought mine from and he didnt even know what the recall was for til I told him. Then my local dealer said he still doesnt know when they will have a fix or ship parts:rm_thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I called Kawa Customer Service and the rep I spoke with added me to the email list for all info concerning the recall. So when the notice was ready to go out on the recall fix many of us got it the day prior. In addition my dealer is very proactive and when I text him a fix was coming out he texted back and told me that they got the info that morning. It's a great checks and balance. Just call customer service and have your name added to the notification list.....hope this helps.....?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh well, just proves the differences in dealerships. I called my dealer today and they've heard nothing of a fix, when parts will be available, and no updated bulletins from Kawasaki that they've received. The head maintenance dude did say he's thinking it'll be real soon because it usually doesn't take very long for these things to get fixed.

Can someone who received the updated bulletin post it on here for all to see?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey folks, first post here for me... Anyway, I assume we will be able to go to any authorized Kawi dealer to get the recall taken care of? I picked up my LE 300+ miles away, not going to take it back up there for this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How do you guys get this info so quick?? I called the dealer I bought mine from and he didnt even know what the recall was for til I told him. Then my local dealer said he still doesnt know when they will have a fix or ship parts:rm_thumbdown:
Yeah I'm in the same boat... My dealer knew about the recall, but thats about it. They had no idea about the repair parts, a timeline for repairs or the loaner program. I called them yesterday (Saturday) morning and they said they would call their Kawa rep and get right back with me... Guess what??? No return call... I guess some dealers are better in the customer service dept than others are... :fie:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got an update letter from Kawasaki. The information being put out by others on this site is correct. The latest letter says parts will be shipped beginning the first two weeks of August.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Called my dealer today, they said they got a letter too but there's nothing they can do until they at least get some part numbers. Which kind of makes me wonder why they're asking us to make an appointment, kind of hard to do that when the dealer doesn't know when they'll have the parts to fix it. So it looks like a waiting game until August.

I guess I can live with it for now, it's hotter than crap here in Georgia in July/August anyway. Though I feel for you guys up north (Grew up in Ohio and I know that window for good weather isn't a big one!)

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
I'll add what my dealer informed me today: Kawasaki will be shipping "kits" to repair all the units that a particular dealer has sold. In other words, if a dealer has sold 15 Teryx4s, Kawasaki will send them the necessary parts to fix those 15. These kits will start to ship out during the first week of August and should be at most dealer by the second week. After Kawi has shipped out kits for the sold units, they will send parts to fix the unsold stock. He also added that they will be calling us (T4 owners) to have our machines fixed, because at this point they don't know how long it will take to fix each machine. Might take 30 mins or 4 hours. That may be an individual dealer thing, so I'd check with yours to be sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
DLB...I noticed you are from Charleston. Check out Mountaineer Trail Riders and ride with us sometime. We are riding this weekend at Burning Rock.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts