Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Administrator
MTR, thanks for the link. I've heard of your club. Never been to Burning Rock, but have rode Hatfield McCoy trails down that way. This weekend is no good for me, but I want to join you all for sure.

Eternal noobie...
Called my dealer today, they said they got a letter too but there's nothing they can do until they at least get some part numbers. Which kind of makes me wonder why they're asking us to make an appointment, kind of hard to do that when the dealer doesn't know when they'll have the parts to fix it. So it looks like a waiting game until August.
My dealer has given me an "open appointment" when the parts arrive...basically, they call and I'm in the next day.

I would hope your dealer is that good :)

Registered
Looks like i won't be buying one until mid August... That will be ok out here in AZ though... give me enough time to break it in before hunting season and dune season... Thx for all the info you guys post up on this forum it is really helpful

Registered
Oh, and the letter also say's to call your dealer and schedule an appointment. That seems like a waste to me. Like the dealer can even do that when they don't have parts yet and don't really know when they'll get them! But, at least there's some movement!

Looks like i won't be buying one until mid August... That will be ok out here in AZ though... give me enough time to break it in before hunting season and dune season... Thx for all the info you guys post up on this forum it is really helpful
That's exactly what I'd do. If you don't own one as of now, just wait until this all blows over! Maybe consider a 2013, but, make sure the steering and brakes on them aren't a carbon copy of the 2012's! I imagine the 2012's may become a HOT commodity once all the recall fixes are done!

If a frog had wings..
Discussion Starter #25
I have not been on the Po Po forums in a while but I imagine they are eating this up. Typically every other forum (Yamah, Kawi, Honda, Can-am) are laughing about how many issues there are with so many Polaris machines but I imagine the RZR guys think this is funny. Oh well. Only another 4 weeks or so and we should be ready to roll!

Premium Member
I have not been on the Po Po forums in a while but I imagine they are eating this up. Typically every other forum (Yamah, Kawi, Honda, Can-am) are laughing about how many issues there are with so many Polaris machines but I imagine the RZR guys think this is funny. Oh well. Only another 4 weeks or so and we should be ready to roll!
I browse through there every now and then and I haven't seen a word said about it. I may have missed it, but all I see are Po Po problems!:eek:illeak:

Administrator
I browse through there every now and then and I haven't seen a word said about it. I may have missed it, but all I see are Po Po problems!:eek:illeak:
All first year models have a problem or two. I bought a new Grizzly 700 when they first came out. It's one of the best ATVs out there, but Yamaha made subtle changes every year after the 2007 model to fix problems with the original design. They even put out several bulletins and at least one recall to fix problems.

Beatle
I have to agree with the first year bugs.I bought my sportsman 800 the first year it came out and had 2 fuel pumps and a coil go bad with less than 500 miles.The first fuel pump died at 100 miles.Told myself to never buy a first year model no matter whether it was a car,truck.snowmobile,or atv.Seems to be a trend.So I"m not surprised by this but I guess it doesn"t bother me as much the second time around simply because I really love this machine and the recall doesn"t involve the drivetrain.And the fact that mine hasn"t broke yet makes it a little easier to live with.Would I buy this again if I could go back,Absolutely!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts