Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with kawasaki customer services and they said that as of today the dealerships can place the orders for the repair parts and they are ready to ship out!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My teryx 4 will be in for the repairs tomorrow. They need your VIN so the SXS has to be dropped off and they will get the parts ordered. They are not automatically shipping to your dealership so again they have to have your T4 As long as they put the orders in by 2pm they will get tha order in a day or 2 so I am hoping by wed. or thur she will be fixed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Recall

Received a call from the dealership and they said that they received my information from Kawasaki and they are ordering parts and should be here by next week. The dealer also told me that the parts were for both calipers in the front as well as parts in the steering box. I asked about the cost and he claims that its costing Kawasaki $1000 per unit to fix. He said he would call me when the parts came in and that the fix should take less than 3 hours. I still feel the dealers may not have all the information and really won't know all the details until these units get back from the shop. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dealers here know nothing:rm_thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I also talked to Candy in customer service and she said the parts are ready for shipping... I talked to my dealer and he said he know nothing of the parts being ready, but stated he already had the parts on order and they should ship automatically. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I also talked to Candy in customer service and she said the parts are ready for shipping... I talked to my dealer and he said he know nothing of the parts being ready, but stated he already had the parts on order and they should ship automatically. Does that sound right?
If the dealer had your VIN and knows he is doing the repair because you scheduled it then Yes. The dealer ordered the parts with a VIN and once Kawasaki had all of the parts ready they would ship out immediately. Kawasaki ships parts the day they get the order as long as it is received by 2:00. In this case I'm sure the shipping will be no longer then two day.

For the dealer to replace the parts shouldn't take too long since they are only changing parts and not rebuilding anything.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
My dealer scheduled me for an appointment on August 11th. They contacted me yesterday. They have ordered the parts and will install based on first unit sold, etc...can't wait.
On another note I think our atv/suv companies should stay out of the legislative making or recommendations when it impacts their customers personal freedom..

·
Registered
111 Posts
My teryx 4 will be in for the repairs tomorrow. They need your VIN so the SXS has to be dropped off and they will get the parts ordered. They are not automatically shipping to your dealership so again they have to have your T4 As long as they put the orders in by 2pm they will get tha order in a day or 2 so I am hoping by wed. or thur she will be fixed.
That apparently depends on the dealership. My dealership has already ordered parts for all units they've sold. They already have the VIN#'s in their system. When the parts arrive, they'll call me, then I bring the T4 to them for repairs. They aren't requiring the machine to be there prior to ordering parts. Now, if you're bringing your T4 to a dealership for repair and you didn't buy it from that dealership, they may want the unit there prior to ordering parts so they can ensure you're going to get it fixed there. That way, they aren't wasting their time ordering parts. Kawasaki is requiring dealerships to provide VIN#'s so repair kits are matched to them. Don't post procedures that are particular to your dealership when they don't apply to all dealerships.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Received a call from the dealership and they said that they received my information from Kawasaki and they are ordering parts and should be here by next week. The dealer also told me that the parts were for both calipers in the front as well as parts in the steering box. I asked about the cost and he claims that its costing Kawasaki $1000 per unit to fix. He said he would call me when the parts came in and that the fix should take less than 3 hours. I still feel the dealers may not have all the information and really won't know all the details until these units get back from the shop. My 2 cents.
Who's your dealer? I talked to mine (Jet Ski Unlimited) last week and he was thinking it might take a bit longer to get the parts. Still thought they would have everything in and installed in time for a Flagstaff trip in a couple weeks, but sounded like it might be close.

I'm hoping you're right, and it's a one day, parts in and installed type of deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I called the local Kawi dealer today, they said the parts are auto-shipping and there's still nothing much they can do for me until they start getting parts in. Seems like trying to get this thing taken care of at a dealership other than the one where I bought mine might be a pain in the butt, as from reading this thread a lot of you are having more luck at your dealerships. Not a big deal yet, but if I'm not 100% good to go by labor day weekend it's going to be a serious problem.

·
Eternal noobie...
64 Posts
My parts shipped today, scheduling with the dealer for Thursday/Friday...glad a good friend of mine is a service writer there :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update on mine...called me on Friday and said he has parts. Taking it up today and should be done tomorrow...:pepper1:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got a letter yesterday. Dealer called me today and I gave him my vin and he said he put orders in this morning and the parts are already on backorder. So I wonder how long this will take??

·
Registered
45 Posts
My parts are on back order. Mine is going to be the first one they will do the repairs on, which I am not too excited about. I am losing confidence fast for my dealer. It is crazy how little they know about the recall and they are the dealer!:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I called my dealer to get put on the "list", they told me they will order the parts, but don't know what they need to change yet. Is Kawi keeping the dealers in the dark?? At this point, I wish I could give them the keys, and get a refund. Mine has 70 miles on it, haven't been able to use it, and now the parts are on backorder?? What a load of BS! :sad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealers do know what's going on. I think Kawi is doing a good job keeping them informed. It all depends on how proactive your participial dealer is. Mine has kept me updated every step of the way. They have ordered my parts last Friday and told me about how long the repair should take and what they are going to replace.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts