Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
It's too bad that there are so many having issues with the recall work, it seems like it is the dealerships that aren't following the instructions. I have had a good experience with the recall work, and with Kawasaki. No toe in, popping steering or bake issues.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It is really too bad!! There are allot of guys getting a sour taste from this experience, and it's a shame. The T4 is an awesome machine and I am saddened by the fact that guys are not happy with them. I like it, I like it allot!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
It just amazes me how piss poor kawi and the dealer's customer service is. Its like the dealers and kawi are on two completely different planets.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I am still extremely happy with my machine, but just as many have said, its just a shame that Kawi and the dealers can't all be on the same page and that we have to get them on the same page. But that is what makes this forum so awesome. Owners looking out for each other. I know if I was a dealer I would live on here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update. Kawa called me back last night said my dealer has placed the order. So check with my dealer next week if they do not call me. So maybe we are heading in the right direction. I am still convinced that there is something up between the dealers and Kawa. I just feel like there is an elephant in the room and know one is talking abot it. I have purshased a Harley and a Four wheeler from this dealership and now this buggy. Never have had any proplems with them. With that said nothing has had any service work done there.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Man.. It,s terrible to hear all these horror stories about the recall. I had my recall work done literally within a week of getting the recall notice. My dealer ordered the parts right away and I took them my machine the morning after they received the parts and had it back by noon that same day! I feel lucky and was just happy to receive a $300 credit which they let me spend anyway I liked. So i would think the responsibility probably falls on the individuals dealership because kawi took no time at all sending parts once they had the order!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just dropped mine off this morning. Don't know how long it's going to take. One guy said it only takes a few hours and another said a whole day, so it's starting off pretty awesome!:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ijust called another dealer in town to setup the recall and he says its been 2-3 weeks for parts . I hope this dealer has their stuff together unlike my first experience.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It took my dealer two weeks to do the repairs. Granted they had to replace an axle seal as well but that all shouldn't take two weeks. It's ok overall other than a slight pop at full lock but it's not bad.

They also told me I could only spend the money on Kawi parts. I may go to another dealer though and see what they say about the $300 credit.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
It took my dealer two weeks to do the repairs. Granted they had to replace an axle seal as well but that all shouldn't take two weeks. It's ok overall other than a slight pop at full lock but it's not bad.

They also told me I could only spend the money on Kawi parts. I may go to another dealer though and see what they say about the $300 credit.
No need to go to another dealer. Just dial 1-949-460-5688 and hand the parts manager the phone. Kawi will set them straight. Or call kawi and they will call your dealer and explain it to them. And it will help out others after you too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
No need to go to another dealer. Just dial 1-949-460-5688 and hand the parts manager the phone. Kawi will set them straight. Or call kawi and they will call your dealer and explain it to them. And it will help out others after you too.
Mike gave me this same number and the set my dealer straight. Thanks again mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
I may try that. The only reason I'm looking at a different dealer is because a Kawi dealer opened up 15 minutes from my house and when I bought mine (1hr and 15min away), this closer dealer only sold polaris and arctic cat at that point. It wasn't a week later they got in their Kawasakis. So just to save some gas I think i'll be going to this other dealer. But thanks for the number, I will keep it handy

·
Registered
475 Posts
Performed good all day brakes were good about the same as before. Steering actually felt better like it never got behind and stiff like it use to before and it did pop once at full turn but wasnt annoying at all. Very happy and confident in my ride again. Thank you kawasaki

Reactions: BruteRyder

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
Performed good all day brakes were good about the same as before. Steering actually felt better like it never got behind and stiff like it use to before and it did pop once at full turn but wasnt annoying at all. Very happy and confident in my ride again. Thank you kawasaki
Great to hear! I have not had mine out since the recall. I was wondering aobut the steering getting behind. Previously I could "Out run" the EPS in technical trails so hopefully it perfomrs better now. Glad to hear your machine is back up and running!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great to hear! I have not had mine out since the recall. I was wondering aobut the steering getting behind. Previously I could "Out run" the EPS in technical trails so hopefully it perfomrs better now. Glad to hear your machine is back up and running!
I knew the people who had the stiff steering would understand. I didnt do any super fast trails but enough to notice it wasnt doing it. Very pleased with it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
just wondering if everyone is getting their steering pop taken care of? just noticed today that mine pops, i guess i never turned it all the way before. to be honest i haven't driven it much since the recall. doesn't really bother me but don't want it to be wrong, right after the recall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
All most got a call fm kawasaki motors 310 692 4930 today but after 2 rings they gave up
maybe they were going to authorise the rebate from the 8th, or was just a prank call? Do they need to see the T4 while doing the rebate? Yesterday kawasaki called and they wanted to know about the service I had on the 8th and I said I did not have a service done. They went on about having the T4 serviced in Bullhead. " You mean the recall " she could not say that word. Silly people

·
Registered
475 Posts
just wondering if everyone is getting their steering pop taken care of? just noticed today that mine pops, i guess i never turned it all the way before. to be honest i haven't driven it much since the recall. doesn't really bother me but don't want it to be wrong, right after the recall.
Mine doesnt do it all the time and very few times at that so unless it gets worse im happy with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine didn't do it at all before the recall but does pop now if you turn full to the drivers side. Don't think I'm going to take it back though as everything else seems fine. I've been with out it long enough

201 - 220 of 241 Posts