Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in the market for a new teryx4 and the dealers can't sell them until the recall work is performed. One dealer told me it wouldn't be until February (but he is trying to sell me a used T4 with recall work done). Has anyone else heard any updates on when dealers will be getting recall parts for unsold units?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm in the market for a new teryx4 and the dealers can't sell them until the recall work is performed. One dealer told me it wouldn't be until February (but he is trying to sell me a used T4 with recall work done). Has anyone else heard any updates on when dealers will be getting recall parts for unsold units?
Hard to tell I seen on here some dealers are selling again. Which I think is bs when there are some dealers that dont have parts yet..

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
It was all a matter of how quickly the dealer ordered the parts. When this first came to light I told my dealer about it, he looked it up and confirmed the recal and immediatly ordered my parts as soon as they became available as well as parts for his stock machine. They did mine and the next day they were working on their stock. It's like anything else.. Some dealers pay attention and some dont. I know had I not been all over this they probably would have waited to receive the letter and we would have been a few weeks behind

·
Registered
475 Posts
Im just saying kawi shouldnt be sending parts out for units that arent sold

·
Registered
115 Posts
A little update…I got a second opinion from another Kawie dealer on the steering pop. I went in and asked the service manager about it and he told me that he had no idea about the pop or the EPS neutral registration. However he said that he had a T4 sitting out front that he just did the recall work on and that we would investigate. Went out and started it, and just like mine, at full lock to one side it popped once, and then once in the other direction. Well he was puzzled about it but did admit that he didn’t think it should do that. He thought maybe they were given a wrong adjustment number or something. So he told me that he was going to check in with his Kawasaki rep and to check back in a week. Went in yesterday and talked to him and his Kawasaki rep told him that the steering pop was 100% normal. It’s supposed to do that :nuts:. It’s not an issue with the rack but something in the power steering box and it’s normal. So whether anyone thinks it should or shouldn’t pop, he told me that if anything goes wrong with it now, it’s a warranty issue and not a recall issue. So if it pops, it’s supposedly normal (don’t know if I believe that or not but oh well). So I’m not going to worry about it and drive it. If it breaks or hangs up in the future, my warranty will cover it. I realize that if people didn’t get the extended warranty this will be an issue in 6 months, but I just thought I would give an update on information that was given by a Kawie rep. I don't know if anyone else has heard this but it sounds like they are passing this off as a dead issue?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I've been waiting for two months now. I'm seeing all kinds of t4's for sale ,but they haven't sent mine. the sales guy at the dealership said he's trying to get them as quick as possible. I guess were so far in BFE it's going to take a while.

·
Registered
34 Posts
is there paper work to get your $300???

Had the recall done on a sat and was told I would get some kind of paper work. I got a extended 6 mo is that what I need to get the $300?? Also when is the floor recall to happen??

·
Registered
115 Posts
What is the issue with the floors? Are people having trouble running sticks through them or just weak floors?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
What is the issue with the floors? Are people having trouble running sticks through them or just weak floors?
Yep! Mainly on the driver's side fender well. Look up weak floors in I believe in the T4 forum. One guy had a stick go thru the floor, thru the engine compartment and screwed up his wiring harness.

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
Yep! Mainly on the driver's side fender well. Look up weak floors in I believe in the T4 forum. One guy had a stick go thru the floor, thru the engine compartment and screwed up his wiring harness.
Yep, that was me:rm_thumbdown: Got it fixed and running perfectly again:icon_thumleft: Although ever time I ride I feel a rock or stick hit the bottom of my foot I keep waiting for it to happen again. Only a matter of time. I really need to get a good set of skids and Kawi really needs to figure these floor boards out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My 2015 T4 started making popping noises when sitting still and I can feel it in steering wheel too, this is idling and not moving. Moving I can't feel it but I did notice when I had the hood up the EPS is moving around alot in the rubber grommets also...is the movement normal?? I'm sure the popping noise is not, calling dealer on monday....any help anyone??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Or it could be like my 2012 T4 and not "qualify" for the steering fix or brakes.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
The recall happened right after the release of the 2012 1st year T4. They shut down all sales until the issue was resolved and sent out a letter to all owners to not ride until recall was performed. Rider02, more than likely, you got one of the post recall units.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kawasaki couldn't even tell me for certain if it was fixed or not, the guy said it "could've been fixed" but wasn't for sure or not. But whatever, they replaced it and it stopped popping everytime the steering wheel made a full revolution.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 241 Posts