Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at my dealer in indiana PA. They told me about a recall on the Teryx. Seems to be a ground strap issue. Carb preheater or heater, guess it helps the carbs not freeze up like a ball of ice in the cold. My parts were ordered today. Anyone know more about this. Mine is one week old.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Go to Kawasaki website. They post their Recalls on there. You will need your VIN# though. I found several on there when I had my Brute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy,
I dont have a Tyrex yet but I have had a couple of Prairies. I always dixconnected the carb heating lines. I had a Rhino and it had an electronic carb heater. Took that one off also. Down here in Texas they arent needed. Have a goodun!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wonder if this ground strap issue has anything to do with a electrical charge that seems to be flowing thru my Teryx.I noticed one day when the clip that holds the idle adjustment cable came loose that when I clipped it back there were sparks jumping from it.

When I hooked my backup light up it seemed to allways be grounding out when I had it mounted to any metal surface.Depending on how the wires were connected the light would either stay on all of the time or it would not start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
recall

I replied to a thread about over heating, as it turned out the fan switch was too loose. I put on the thread about this air temp sensor on the side of the battery box had melted and shorted out the main fuse and the teryx was not start or even turn over. I took the melted air temp sensor off and checked the wiring diagram and it was to the card heater. I have the new part coming but I am sure it is related to the recall. I going to reground with a new ground strap and make sure the paint is off on both ends to make a good ground

·
Registered
105 Posts
My dealer told me about this Recall here in Texas so its not just a Northern thing. Its all Teryx's nationwide. Its a simple change of a ground harness. My dealer ordered me one and when it come in I will just instal it myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
recall

I called Kawasaki this morning and found out there is a recall it is called factory direct modifacation in short FDM number RUV0801 it is a wiring harness for the ground on the carbs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. Sounds simple enough. But that is why i got the extened warrenty for a grand ! Not saying that i want problems , but its kind of nice seeing some return on that $$$$

·
Registered
323 Posts
got my recall in the mail today.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guess that makes it official. Oh well i still love that thing

·
Marcus
96 Posts
got mine in the mail today in Missouri,
Is anyone fixing this themself or taking it in to dealer

·
Registered
813 Posts
I got mine also...

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
My dealer called me last Friday and told me about the recall and to tell me he had ordered the part and would call me when he gets it in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts