Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I got mine today. Sorry for being the bearer of the bad news. But since I started this first, guess that means that I got an awesome dealer in indiana PA. Thanks Guys !!! But really thats my luck if its gonna happen, it gonna happen to me. And that ladys and gentelman is my fifteen minutes of fame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The recall is another ground that you remove from the wiring harness on the carb heaters. You by pass the orginal wiring harness and have a seperate ground wire that you ground to the engine instead of the wiring harness. It took me five minutes to install. I also made sure of my other grounds like the one near the battery box. I made sure there was no paint where the ground wire connects to the frame.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are there instructions on how to do this? I called dealer....they are backlogged with service issues. I don't want to go through the pita procees of taking to the dealer. They wouldn't give me the part, said a tech had to do it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ground wire recall(do it yourself?)

My dealer told me that since I have doors, seats and harnesses, they may need to charge me for extra labor to fix the ground wire recall. They had to order the part, so I haven't taken it down yet. Are there any instructions that come with the part so I could do it myself? It sounds simple. Do you think they will they give me the part for free?

·
Registered
182 Posts
What's the part....a wire? I've asked that same question before, since I don't want to waste my time with the dealer, but never got an answer.

Someone who has had the mod done by the dealer, can you take a picture of what they did and post here?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I got 160 hours on mine and still haven't done it. I refuse to take my Teryx in to the dealer to let it sit for 2-3 days until they can get to it....to probably do no more than install a wire.

Somebody...anybody...tell me what the recall does....install a ground wire? Pictures?

·
Registered
14 Posts
carb heater strap

It takes 10 minutes to change, you dont have to bring it to the dealer. just pick up the part and do it yourself. there is also a recall for the roof, ask your dealer to give you the new straps for the roof recall also. this takes less than 10 minutes to do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
im from new bethlehem pa. got my trex at stillers in kittanning they did my 08 couple weeks after i got it last spring. all it is is the wires breakoff n it doesn't work no more i guess. summers coming i wouldn't worry about it unless you have another reason to drop it off. you said its only a week old have them do it on the 1st service. you guys got much rideing down there? never road that area

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the recall done, took about ten minutes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 08 teryx is there anything you can do to get rid of the diapharm slides in the carbs? Also is there aftermarket carbs for the 08 and who makes them? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my recall for months and couldn't find out anything. Can anyone take some pics of how they fixed it. So can I just add a ground wire from the engine to the carb heater? I have called 3 dealers that will not give me the part. I do all my own work. You don't want the dealers we have to air your tires up.

·
If a frog had wings..
491 Posts
Local dealer told me yesterday there is a recal on the T4 already as well. Something with the fuel system. Not sure of the details but they were waiting for a part to put them on the sales floor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, any info how Kawasaki plans to appease all of us who now own a door stop, 14K door stop.
I know Crap Happens as we should all know, but our dealer states no info about fixes and just leave it parked until further notice!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts