Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start cutting, anyone know if I can easily replace this style switch for my whip lights with a 5 pin rocker switch?

I already know how to wire the rockers and have them all set up (front led bar/cubes, rear led cubes, rock lights, winch, interior lights, and an accessory/voltmeter (USB-C).

Font Parallel Auto part Diagram Rectangle

I'm assuming I can just leave the connector on the controller box and since the rocker already has power can I just eliminate the 12v cables and find the accessory cable going to the original switch to run to the rocker?, Should I cut before or after the splice (#1 or #2), or am I way off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would cut at #1. Cut a slit in the cover to check the wire colors so you can verify the hot. You don't want to switching the neutral
Thanks for the reply. I played a little with it last night and found leaving every as is and putting the 12v+ on the switch works. Obviously, the existing push button switch still factors and works, but I might just leave it as it and run the positive to the new rocker switch and leave good enough alone. ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts