Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the absolute hardest time finding the correct or affordable rim for my 22 teryx4 sle cab someone please help. I just want a plain jane rim. That fits front and rear. 14x6 rim is what the dealer told me. Kawasaki is priced at $350. I was hoping around 100 or cheaper. someone please help.

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
948 Posts
Dealer is correct, the 14x6 (front) will work as a spare on the rear, but a 14x8 (rear) will not work on the front. The stock offset will cause interference. (the spindle IIRC) You should be able to find one used if you are not in a big hurry. I think 2016 was the year the Teryx went to 14" wheels, so there should be plenty of take offs around.

Mike

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
Is this for a spare tire? If you are just looking for a steel wagon wheel style rim, check out Dennis Kirk. I got a 12" steel rim from them to fit a tire that I already had as a spare, but they make it in a 14" as well. Here is a link, it's a 14x7 which should fit on the front or the back without any issues.
That's ^ the same wheel I bought for a spare. I only went with a 14" because I had some extra 14" tires otherwise I would have gone with 12" tire and wheel cause I'm cheap.

Reactions: 92davidmyers

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Keep in mind that most aftermarket rims use a different style lugnut versus the factory rims. The factory rim are hub centric, meaning they are centered by the hub bore and the lugnuts are flat. Most aftermarket rims are lug centric, meaning the lug nuts center the rim and therefore they use the tapered/cone looking lugs. Point being if you are running the factory rims and get an aftermarket rim as a spare, or vice versa, you need to make sure to carry a set of the the correct lug nuts with you.

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
Keep in mind that most aftermarket rims use a different style lugnut versus the factory rims. The factory rim are hub centric, meaning they are centered by the hub bore and the lugnuts are flat. Most aftermarket rims are lug centric, meaning the lug nuts center the rim and therefore they use the tapered/cone looking lugs. Point being if you are running the factory rims and get an aftermarket rim as a spare, or vice versa, you need to make sure to carry a set of the the correct lug nuts with you.
Good point. I can't remember if I even checked to see if that wheel fits tight to the hub. I am pretty that aftermarket steel wheel uses tapered nuts which I do not have.

Reactions: 92davidmyers

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
595 Posts
Good point. I can't remember if I even checked to see if that wheel fits tight to the hub. I am pretty that aftermarket steel wheel uses tapered nuts which I do not have.
Yeah, I was reminded of this while we were packing for a trip once... I carry 4 nuts for the spare tire and a couple extra OEM ones just because I like to be over prepared and carry stuff I'll probably never need :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
31 Posts
FYI— stay away from the ITP steel wheels. Yes they are low cost but running low psi and you roll the sidewall over the rim edge it’ll slice the sidewall. Bye bye tire.
Lost four front tires before realizing it wasn’t from trail hazards slicing the side walls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts