Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m super happy with my Rockville stereo. Rockville 6x9 marine enclosures and speakers, Rockville 1500 watt marine amp, and Rockville head unit. $345 on Amazon. At full volume there is NO distortion! Strong base for 6x9’s and perfect Bluetooth connection. Works perfect with my $129 9.6 inch Samsung Tab E GPS/mapping/music! Super happy!

Attachments

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Good idea with tablet 1500 w wow should be able to hear it at speed The hook up would be the killer for me though
I bet it's nice with the tablet maybe it could do gps,music ect offline too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Camino, how difficult was the install? I purchased a Rockville 1002 65b system system rockvilleaudio.com/mud1002mudbtrcrwb65b-teryx

I have the base model so I purchased a four led headlight replacement from Bruteforce and I purchased a Kolpin 4500 winch and a mount for the Teryx, vent kit from Bruteforce as well, would all this all be easier with the hood and fenders removed? I purchased a dashboard removal tool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a hole saw that fits the round Rockville head unit, popped off the face plate, drilled a hole for the head unit and a red ground interruption switch. Ran the ground wire from the battery to the switch and back to the main power (so turning off the ground switch shuts down all power to the vehicle, preventing any battery loss when not in use). The Rockville fused positive wire goes to battery, the Rockville ground wire goes to the ground switch, the Same with the Rockville amp. Running wires along roll cage is no problem, mounted the amp in the dry box behind the seat. Took the better part of a Saturday to do a clean install. I have ground switches on all of my toys and it’s a must to prevent power leakage in my opinion. Good luck!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I cut the circle hole out with utility knife, easy. Wire it direct to a blue fuse block and used the key hot spliced/tapped into acc. plug wire for power key on/off.

Reactions: rocksoffroad

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Wish I was wireing savy no tunes suck the old portable is gettin old Big time

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can do it Rocks!!! Any head unit Bluetooth to Bluetooth speakers? Maybe a small soundbar, just plug into cig acc. port!!! Run your phone Bluetooth to it and rock? Your name is "Rocks"offroad! lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Camino, that is a very clean install. I have a question. Did you hole saw the dash dead center in the existing round knock out or did you have to lower it a bit to get the front bezel on?

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
I could give you a hand Rocks. My GF lives in Orem and I'm an electronics tech. It's not all that tough to do.
OK Skibum that's cool of ya what's it worth for you &
I'll save some money to get the sound equip. Ect What type do you recommend for a good budget system

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rocks, if you are not in a big hurry let me get mine installed and see how it goes. I'm going to order and install the Rockville RGHR2 that Camino did. Along with an amp and two of the 6.5 roll cage tower speakers from them as well. I ordered the 3" speaker front console speaker panels from Deranged Off-Road in St. George and some 2-way Jensen speakers. I will get it all done over the next couple of weeks and then see how it sounds and turns out.

It'll be about $350 for all the stuff from Rockville and an antenna, then $130 for the front speakers which I'm not sure is even necessary but I figured it would fill in the sound nice and the front cubby holes are pretty much useless.

Ski

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
I've been checking both out I like it simple but I like that Rockville too thanks for both great ideas and I'll save up & see when I can order the system right now I need to pay for a spare belt I ordered from dealer then that's next on the list Thanks... Brook

·
Registered
565 Posts
I put the mtx 41 in KRX. The 46 is for Teryx. Hole in driver a pillar up top for wires to go into. Wires come out where a pillar meets top of dash, then wires go to the bus bar center dash. Done. Very easy. Also it mounts super easy. Remove roof set it up there on bars and tighten bolts. Done. I have a system in my Teryx4, Boss head unit and 4 speaker pods front then rear. Its loud, no amp. Sound quality is decent. Cost was about $300 total. Need wire supplies, terminals, connectors, heat shrink zip ties and wire looms. $$. I spent many hours hooking it up in a neat and clean way. Honestly it was a PIA. That's why I went another route, even though it cost more. It was worth it. Sound is much better quality as well imop. Hope I helped, good luck whatever ya choose, tunes are great to have.

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
I put the mtx 41 in KRX. The 46 is for Teryx. Hole in driver a pillar up top for wires to go into. Wires come out where a pillar meets top of dash, then wires go to the bus bar center dash. Done. Very easy. Also it mounts super easy. Remove roof set it up there on bars and tighten bolts. Done. I have a system in my Teryx4, Boss head unit and 4 speaker pods front then rear. Its loud, no amp. Sound quality is decent. Cost was about $300 total. Need wire supplies, terminals, connectors, heat shrink zip ties and wire looms. $$. I spent many hours hooking it up in a neat and clean way. Honestly it was a PIA. That's why I went another route, even though it cost more. It was worth it. Sound is much better quality as well imop. Hope I helped, good luck whatever ya choose, tunes are great to have.

If the sound is good is what counts plus I like simple if it get mud caked & destroyed that's a lot of work & money out the window

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same head unit and mounted it the same way. I had a Rockville amp powering 4 6.5" Polks initially and it was horrible. Didn't put out nearly the power it said and the amp got really hot. So I ditched that amp and bought an NVX VADM2 which is a quarter the size, more power and runs cool (Class D). Speakers sound much better now! I have another NVX Class D mono block amp that runs my subs and it never once gets warm. I'm sold on NVX. My stereo is definitely loud but it's never loud enough!

My amps are mounted on a board under the roof so they never get soaked.......maybe a little wet when I wash it. The speakers and head unit are marine grade which I've sprayed numerous times. If you build it right you shouldn't have to worry too much about mud. That's also another reason why I only buy cheaper end in case I do need to replace for whatever reason. 2 years on mine and no issues knock on wood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts