Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check your roll cage bolts. My brother and I have had our Teryxs' for about a month now, and he noticed he bolts on his roll cage were all loose and some of them almost totally backed out. I checked mine and I had the same problem.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Man, It sounds like they are just throwin these things together to get them out to the public. Glad I am waiting for a while to get mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bolt size

the bolt is a metric for asian cars m10 . i tried lowes, pepbopys,checkers and finally found them at autozone.there in a clear plastic and red cardboard package. i couldnt find the flanged style. ill just go to a specialty nut and bolts house to have a couple in stock. I might even go the loctite route.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The cages are assembled at the dealer, I imagine you and your bro bought them at the same dealer? Dealerships often use an inexperienced "mechanic" to uncrate and assemble units. I know, I used to do that job when i was 14 and 15....

Always nut and bolt anything new from a dealership, at the speed they slap these things together (often thay are paid per unit assembled) it's in your best interst.

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right. Thanks for the info. I have checked everything else and no suprises so far. It makes sense bec. my dealer says he cannot keep these things on the floor!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts