Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to start a fabing up a new roll cage. How have you all been making the bottom feet that bolt to the frame work, or does anyone sell them? I thought about just using the stock feet but would like to keep the cage in tact.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jagged X is where I got the bolts for mine, and my cage builder (Josh) bought the bungs there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They are called bungs and you will need four I got some for the best price I could find at side by side sports in escondido CA. Just ordered em on the net and they were about $130.00 or so with shipping. they are good fit but I dont know why they were not drilled the right size to accept the 14 MM bolt that is already on the teryx. If anyone can explain that post it up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are called bungs and you will need four I got some for the best price I could find at side by side sports in escondido CA. Just ordered em on the net and they were about $130.00 or so with shipping. they are good fit but I dont know why they were not drilled the right size to accept the 14 MM bolt that is already on the teryx. If anyone can explain that post it up.
Because you're supposed to use different bolts. If you look at the stock ones from the Teryx, they don't go all the way through the bung and cage attachment point. In my mind, they're unsafe. I used them for one trip, and then ordered some bolts from Jagged X. The new ones go all the way through and are much stronger.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Interesting, I have'nt looked before but are aftermarket cages being through bolted with a bolt and nut? and not using the right 14x1.5 metric bolt that threads right into the stock teryx cage mount, the stock cage bolts appear to be about 1/8" from flush with threaded mount. the bolts I am using for my new cage go through the bung and thread all the way through the stock mounting point which is about 1 inch thick, But these bolts would not fit thru the bung until I drilled em larger seems like things would be a little sloppy using a smaller bolt with a nut.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interesting, I have'nt looked before but are aftermarket cages being through bolted with a bolt and nut? and not using the right 14x1.5 metric bolt that threads right into the stock teryx cage mount, the stock cage bolts appear to be about 1/8" from flush with threaded mount. the bolts I am using for my new cage go through the bung and thread all the way through the stock mounting point which is about 1 inch thick, But these bolts would not fit thru the bung until I drilled em larger seems like things would be a little sloppy using a smaller bolt with a nut.
No, no bolt/nut combo. It is a socket head cap screw M12x45mmx1.25.

It threads right into the stock Teryx mounting point, plus it looks clean.

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK obvoiusly the right bolt, but the bungs I got from sidebyside needed to be drilled out a bit bigger to get the 14 mm bolt thru, Just a heads up to those who may order from Sidebyside in escondido CA. Their parts are really nicely made except for the smaller bolt holes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah those look nice, the bungs are different than mine. mine are milled flat along the outer edge where yours are recessed for the cap/socket type bolt, I'm not that concerned about the bolt heads though so I will just go with the hex head ones I have. Which are a bit longer than stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought mine from Rhino Parts for $90 shipped. They are like the stock design and fit perfect. I do like the clean look of the Xtreme's though.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Go to HRT Motorsports in Ramona, they have a great set of bungs that allow you to use your stock bolts and they work and fit perfect:eek:k:. its all in the way they machined their bungs.:pepper1:

·
Registered
271 Posts
ok new to the site but why couldnt you reuse the old ones? just a thought
Could be done but you would have to cut em off and grind the old cage metal off, And even if, Say you chucked them up in a lathe to get them nice and round and uniform in size. the stock cage material is much thinner so it would take some reworking them to get them to fit the new cage material you would want to use. which should be at least 1.75 x.095 tube.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I cut my stock bungs out of the cage yesterday and its a hassle to do and they are too large to fit into 1.75 tube with out being ground down save alot of time and trouble by purchasing new ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts