Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my camo le saturday... went riding at a friends place, loaded it back on the trailer and brought it home, rode around the neighborhood and we heard a noise coming from the roof. Found the rook cracked where it slopes down in the front... the crack ran to within 4-6in of either side. Best we figure it was from the trailer ride, cause i didnt hit anything. Anyone else having this problem or heard of anything about it?

Took the roof off and back to the dealer. Havent heard anything back yet, he said he had to contact kawi.

Any input would be great.

Also what type of winch is everyone using? I sunk that kawi within the first 15 minutes is some silt... thanks goodness someone rode by and winched me out.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
i was waiting for someone else to have this problem.mine broke on the way home from the dealer.pretty much a crappy design and it flaps in the wind and rattles while your riding.i was evidently the first one to report a claim with my dealer cause they were being buttheads about it.i got a new one but dont want to put it on

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly where mine broke... i seen some aluminum ones somewhere online. i want my roof back on... planning on installing speaker bar and stereo... would like to keep the mud off that and me... plus it helps alot with the sun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hate to say it, the first week I got my (about six weeks ago) I notice that my was cracked all the way across too. my dealer is telling me that a replacement roof is on backorder. after everybodys post I know now that my is not an isolated incident. so hearing about all of the other ones doing that, don't beleive that a new one is going to fix the problem.:shtf1:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep,
Had the same thing happen to me. The dealer said they have to send the roof back to Kawasaki for them to look at it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
kawi is gonna have a major problem with this,i hope they realize it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cracked Roof

Yup my roof was cracked before the first ride. Must be from the ride home in back of the truck. Will see what Kawi is gonna do about it. Will post more info after I hear back from them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts