Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the support brackets kawi is installing and they work great...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone know why this recall didn't include the camo tops for the NRA Outdoors model? The tops seem to be the same other than the camo. Only the LE models got the recall, not the NRA.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do the NRA models have any sort of additional supports? My only thinking is that because of the limited sales of NRA editions, it did not prompt the recall. I am sure if you call Kawi, they will take care of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
according to my dealer the problem with the roof is not for riding but with towing the Teryx on a trailer, the high speed wind rips the roof off

·
Registered
182 Posts
according to my dealer the problem with the roof is not for riding but with towing the Teryx on a trailer, the high speed wind rips the roof off
I disagree. I cracked my roof going through tight wooded trails with 1 hour on the meter. The way the front is designed at a slant, it's just inviting a limb to hit it. I am not a fan of this roof.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NRA is made just like the LE roof. No extra supports added. The recall was because the roof will crack while towing on an open trailer. Kawasaki recomends to remove the roof while towing on an open trailer, SEE BELOW. The cracks appear in the crease at the top of the roof where it starts to slant down. Mine flexes a lot while towing. It has not cracked, but I have not towed it over 60 MPH yet. Most guys that I have talked to said that thier's cracked while doing between 70 and 80 MPH on the hwy. Below is the description from the OEM plastic roof on Kawasaki's web site. Notice the note at the bottom.

PLASTIC HARD TOP

Protection from weather and sun •Contoured, light-weight style with textured finish •Original Equipment on Teryx™ 750 4x4 LE model •Can use alone or with windshield NOTE: Must be removed for transport on open trailer or truck

MSRP: $149.95

Size/Style/Color:
Black

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tested mine up to about 80 or so and the brackets hold it steady..

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I talked with my dealer and if you bought a top from a dealer or yours came with a top you can get the new parts installed by Kawasaki under this recall. I got the letter from Kawasaki also but I bought my roof from someone on the forum and will have to buy the parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a letter for the roof recall and I don't even have a LE model with a roof.
They sell the top separately so you got the letter just in case you purchased one.

Anyone know why this recall didn't include the camo tops for the NRA Outdoors model? The tops seem to be the same other than the camo. Only the LE models got the recall, not the NRA.
Different type of plastic.

Here is the support brackets kawi is installing and they work great...

Your dealer installed them in the wrong spot. They are supposed to be to the outside of the two inside ribs, not to the outside of the two outside ribs. As long as they work though...............

Attachments

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
How did your dealer get this wrong ? The brackets come with a left and right pattern to put them in the right spot. If your roof still cracks I think they owe you a new one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok got another set of brace's installed and all is good now,dont think I have to worry about the top anymore..

·
Registered
89 Posts
In my case the dealer did manage to get Kawi to give me a new roof along with the brackets, as my roof had cracked

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea thats a good thing. I think kawi has mine braced well enough now... :beer2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts