Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got first side by side, off road vehicle; 2014 teryx4. Would like to get rims and tires for mud in Louisiana but need to get help with a few questions. Do all rims require spacers. Wow do you size front vs rear tire size. Any thing else I need to consider?

Also any ideas to mount a spare; road the tire off rim first time out !

Thanks!!

·
Mark
132 Posts
Rims

I'm a rookie in the sis group but I have a riding buddie who has been riding for some time. My only recommendation would be beadlock rims. If you go flat you can still limp out because rims stay attached to your tire. They are a little more in terms of cost but worth it. He learned his lesson in the mountains of Colorado.

I have 15" msa bedlock rims. Love them. I also have 2" spacers all the way around. Billet aluminum is what I have been told to use. I really like the stability it offers. I ride with a guy who is at standard width and have been able to straddle some wide gaps that he ended up in a major lean simply due to 4 inches of width.

I'm not a major mud rider so not real input on tires. I do know if you plan to go taller you will likely have to lift for clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts