Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I Have a 2013 teryx 4 and just replaced the stator. I started it and it runs like crap. I have replaced the belt prior to this and it ran great. It has a pretty good clicking sound. It runs for couple minutes and then it quits. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
998 Posts
If it ran fine before tearing it apart, and now runs like crap after you put it back together........highly likely it's from something you did during the stator replacement. Go back and double-check your work to make sure you didn't leave a wire or connection loose. Look at everything you touched during the work, or anything close to where you were working as I've knocked wires loose accidentally that were close to the part I was working on. Sure, a dirty air filter can cause issues but how would it suddenly get dirty with the machine sitting in the garage having work done on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it ran fine before tearing it apart, and now runs like crap after you put it back together........highly likely it's from something you did during the stator replacement. Go back and double-check your work to make sure you didn't leave a wire or connection loose. Look at everything you touched during the work, or anything close to where you were working as I've knocked wires loose accidentally that were close to the part I was working on. Sure, a dirty air filter can cause issues but how would it suddenly get dirty with the machine sitting in the garage having work done on it?
Thanks I will do that and I did install a new air filter. I also checked fuel pump pressure was good and new filter there also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that worked the air intake to one of the carburetor was knocked off making it run rough. It running great now thanks everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts