Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rode the trails at Royal Blue or Coal Creek in TN ? Would like info on these two places if you have any....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have ridden both a lot. Windrock (coal creek) is much bigger and has far more difficult trails. Royal blue is fun as well, but the trails are easier. If you are coming for a weekend and not local, go to windrock for sure. Stay in Oak Ridge (only about 10-15 minutes away from trail head and plenty of places to stay and eat). I hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions, and I will try and answer them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks for the info on coal creek being close to oak ridge .....how are the cabins at coal creek ......what are the pros and cons of renting them?? I also heard they are building cabins at royal blue to open in three weeks or so....just let me know....thanks for your help !! and tell me....the land that royal blue, coal creek and brimstone are on...do they all connect?? or how far apart are they from each other and what town are they in... (except for coal creek, you said it is close to oak ridge) also...if you stay at a motel......how bad do people "mess" with your ride at night when you are asleep...Thks !!

I had it backwards......royal blue already has cabins to rent and coal creek are building some that should be ready in three weeks or so....sorry for the mix up...anyway...any info will help....thks !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think if you stay in oak ridge your stuff is pretty safe. I have not heard (but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen) of anything major getting stolen. The hotels are on the turnpike in well lighted/frequently traveled areas very close to the police station!! There are a lot of people that come and ride this area, and believe me, you will not be the only trailor with atv/utv's at all. There is a camp ground at coal creek which is nice, but as for the cabins, I don't know. As far as I know, there 3 areas are connected by trials somehow??? but I have never done it...I think, but not sure, in some instances you had to travel down some black top and the police put a stop to that???? Coal Creek is, I believe 72000 acres, you can easily ride 50 miles in a day and not hit the same trials!! Royal blue is about an hour away from Oak ridge, and would be near Jacksboro, or just a little north....exit 142 I think on I-75. Brimstone is about 20 minutes or so off the same exit in Huntsville I believe....There is a Kawasaki dealership located almost at the trial head, used to be named Tommy Thompsons, maybe still is? i hope this helps!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much !!!! all your info has been a great help....it is really nice to hear some good info from someone that knows the area....I may have some more questions later.....thanks again.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts