Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
21 Posts
I ran 28" SuperATV Intimindators for several years that are 45 lbs. each, so going to a lighter 40 lb. 30" tire didn't make much, if any, difference in the overall feel of my machine. I also picked up a set of 29.5" SuperATV Terminators this winter for snow and mud, and these are 46 lbs. each. The Crawlers are great on the rocks and are pretty bad in sloppy mud trails we have locally.

For the air pressure question, I was involved in the full-size vehicle off-roading scene for a long time before getting into SxS's. My rig at 5,500 lbs. had 40" tires and ran them around 7-8 psi when off-road. On my SxS with the 30" Crawlers I run around 8 psi in them and have been happy with the performance.
So I live in Western Washington state and we get lots of rain in the Winter. Will use my Teryx a lot riding around the roads around town as I made it street legal and on the dry rocky trails in the Summer and slippery mud and slippery rocky trails in the Winter. Not a heavy tire fan so would you have any tire brand recommendations for that? Wonder if I should go with a typical standard Mud tire like for Jeeps or is there a UTV tire that would work well? I realize there is no one tire that is great at everything.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts