Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 1 of the build is done, featuring a SDR cage, Wallys Bed Lift, HCR Long travel with King Shocks, DWT Beadlocks, Rigid E Series LED light bar, and Crow Belts. Over Easter, we had our first weekend of riding with all the new goodies, and it was a blast. The Teryx4 is a great machine, and just gets that much better with quality aftermarket support!

Cant wait for Stage 2, aftermarket seats, SDR front bumper, and custom spare tire/cooler mounts for the bed.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
cage looks great. I really wish kawi would do something about the stock cage, it's the worst lookin one in the industry.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
:clap:

Only thing I'd do is move the light bar more forward and down from sticking up from the roof. Cage looks awesome!

Reactions: chad59

·
Registered
106 Posts
Build is looking sweet! How do you like the HCR kit? Been looking into LT for my t4 and was wondering how the ride is with the standard single rate Kings.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys. Most UTVs need a good cage, I don't trust any stock cage. And they make them look so much better!

I prefer the light bar back a little, it gives much less glare on the hood this way. But I agree, it looks a little cleaner on the leading edge of the brow in most instances.

HCR kit so far has been good. Did a 40 mile ride over the weekend, but stuck mostly to smooth fire roads, so didn't get to test its full potential. Haven't even messed with the adjusters yet (optional on their kit), and am very happy with the ride so far. The extra length of the T4 really makes it ride smooth compared to the LT Rhinos Ive had in the past.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
It looks good. BUT It looks a little funny with those small tires and that huge cage! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Looks great guys. Keep up the good work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Will the cage and the bed lift work with the factory storage box? Its a great looking cage, I really like the radius bends, classy.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
As soon as someone comes out with a good 28" desert tire, Ill be upsizing. Just waiting for the perfect tire. :)
DWT has a 28" Moappa coming out soon if not already out. They will come in a 28x11-14 or 28x12-14. I am planning on 28x11-14 mounted on Sector Beadlocks for all 4 corners.

Really like the look of the bed lift by Wally, I may just have to contact him and have him send me one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will the cage and the bed lift work with the factory storage box? Its a great looking cage, I really like the radius bends, classy.
This particular cage won't clear the storage box, as I wanted it nice and tight to the bed to keep the length down. But I'm sure we could do a cage that would clear it.

I don't see any problems with the bed lift and the storage box, but I haven't seen one in person yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wheel Offset

Wild Earp - The rear wheels appear to track much wider than the front, maybe its the angle of the photo but what offset did you choose for the wheels?

·
Registered
180 Posts
DWT has a 28" Moappa coming out soon if not already out. They will come in a 28x11-14 or 28x12-14. I am planning on 28x11-14 mounted on Sector Beadlocks for all 4 corners.

Really like the look of the bed lift by Wally, I may just have to contact him and have him send me one.
What do the current Moapa tires measure? Are the 26's really 26"?
I'm hoping for a true 28" tire. I run 30's now and they hit the frame and fenders, but I love the clearance!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What do the current Moapa tires measure? Are the 26's really 26"?
I'm hoping for a true 28" tire. I run 30's now and they hit the frame and fenders, but I love the clearance!
I'm not sure, I would have to go to the trailer and measure some tonight. If anything they probably measure a little bit tall. I think their 26 is closer to 26 1/2 if I remeber right.

I have a couple sets of 28's on order but haven't recieved a call to say they are in and ready to be picked up yet. Hopefully they wont take much longer to come in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts