Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My belt has been jumpy on take off, so i tore it down and took out the smaller of the 2 shims, to tighten it up, seems to have fixed the problem, took about 1hr and half, but it was my second time to take it apart. you will need a teryx clutch puller or modified brute kfx puller and a secondary spring compressor to do it. if yall have any questions on how to do it let me know.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My belt has been jumpy on take off, so i tore it down and took out the smaller of the 2 shims, to tighten it up, seems to have fixed the problem, took about 1hr and half, but it was my second time to take it apart. you will need a teryx clutch puller or modified brute kfx puller and a secondary spring compressor to do it. if yall have any questions on how to do it let me know.
What about crow harness? You should be using harness while going offroad.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts

I am going to do this tonight but was wondering if the clutch tool is the same as a Mule, I have one of those and where do you get a secondary spring compressor.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Spend 3 hours taking everytning apart but could not get the drive pulley off. The tool I have appears to be too short. Bret901 what do you mean by a modified Brute cluthch puller? It seams it needs an extension on the end but what do you use?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i welded about a half inch of material onto the end of the puller then ground it down smooth. you can also use a short 1/4" drive extension to act as a spacer to make it longer, up to you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Could you lend a fella alittle time and show him the best way to get it off as I wanna check mine too? Would be willing to buy the beer/food? :beer8::chef2:

i welded about a half inch of material onto the end of the puller then ground it down smooth. you can also use a short 1/4" drive extension to act as a spacer to make it longer, up to you.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
I tried the 1/4" extension but the female end of the extension got stuck in the small section of the cone. Where do you buy the Teryx clutch pullers?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not a problem.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Pretty close,within 30 min.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
I finally got the pulley/clutches off. I had 3/4" welded to the stock Brute pulley bolt. I removed the two shims and now the belt deflection is around .9". I still have to test drive it. It was pain to do all the work.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What was it at before?

I finally got the pulley/clutches off. I had 3/4" welded to the stock Brute pulley bolt. I removed the two shims and now the belt deflection is around .9". I still have to test drive it. It was pain to do all the work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NOPE, nothing simpe about it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats why I need a helping hand from someone thats done it a time or two,ALOT faster after you do it a couple of times .. :beer8:

NOPE, nothing simpe about it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was wondering where I could get a clutch puller,I have 27 hrs on mine and need to get it set.. Havent seen them for sale anywhere yet.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
I'd take it back and tell them you are getting some slippage. I think adjustments are covered by warranty. I know they covered that on my Brute Force. Someone also tole me to tell them that the EBC doesn't seem to be working right and they might show you how to reset it so you don't have to take it back anymore.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts