Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Sgroi Innovations 'Diff-Lock Speed Limiter Bypass' - Installed

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Andy> 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I installed the Sgroi 'Diff-Lock Speed Limiter Bypass' on our 2018 Teryx2 800.

If like me, you are tired of needing more speed to keep up your forward momentum in Diff-Lock drive mode, then this kit may be for you.

The kit itself is a piece-of-cake to install and takes about 15-mins start to finish. However, the time consuming part of the install is the process of getting the dash off to actually install the 'Bypass'. The removal of the body parts and dash took me about 45-mins. I'm not going to go over the removal of the dash on this post but will link a video at the bottom that shows every step necessary to remove the dash on 2016 - 2021 Teryx 800 models. It's really pretty simple.

The Sgroi 'Bypass' kit is entirely plug-and-play. There is no wire cutting, soldering, or need to add additional connectors. The Sgroi wiring harness just plugs in between existing OEM connectors. The wiring harness is super easy to install and all connections are out in the open and easy to get at for the install (see pics).

The Sgroi kit is simple and just plugs together between existing OEM connectors.

OEM drive mode switch removed. You can see there is lot's of room to work inside the dash.

The new Sgroi Switch fits the dash mounting hole perfectly.

The four white connectors shown here are the only connections needed inside the dash area. Easy access.

You can see the Sgroi wires (tape wrapped) running down right next to the OEM wires. Easy access.

OEM connectors/wires in the background and Sgroi connectors/wires ready to plug-in.

Sgroi connectors & wires in place. I filled the connectors with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion.

2WD shows the same in the display.

4WD shows the same in the display.

There is now no Diff-Lock light in the display. The Diff-Lock light now shows on the Sgroi switch face.

This video shows the process for removing the dash.

See less See more
1 10
#4 ·
Removing the diff lock speed limiter is beneficial in various scenarios for your teryx. When the wheels spin over "15mph" in diff lock the limiter kicks on. This is a problem for those who ride in the mud or up hilly terrain. They need more power/speed to get past those obstacles and that's where our bypass kit comes into play. Also, with vehicles that have portals/tracks the bypass kit helps them in any riding scenario. For example, we've had customers with portals say that they were only going 5mph and then the limiter kicked on.

#8 ·
I just took the 'buggy' for a test ride out back behind the house! All I can say is, WOW! I should have added this Sgroi Diff-Lock Speed Limiter Bypass kit the first day we bought our Teryx!

We still have a lot of snow though it's melting quickly with our warming days. In the drifted and sun protected areas snow is still about 10" deep. I shifted into Diff-Lock Bypass mode, low gear, and 'hammered' down a straight section of road! Before I knew it, I was flying through irregular drifts of snow at 30mph and high rpm in Diff-Lock! It was a weird feeling as I approached 15mph and the speed limiter did NOT kick-in! I'm sure I was smiling ear-to-ear as the Teryx continued to gain speed past 15mph! :cool:

#10 ·
Thanks for the write up and review... I didn't realize that they made just the limiter switch, all I had seen was the full kit and manual actuator. It's nice to know there is a cheaper option to focus on the lock limiter. I am considering an ECU reflash because I would also really like the top end limiter increased but I will keep this in mind if I decide against that option.

#13 ·
I just installed my bypass kit in my 2020 T4. It was pretty easy and straight forward. I was able to fish the wires from under the dash through the firewall without removing all the plastic from the top of the dash. I just popped off the plastic bezel in the middle of the dash and had just enough room.
It seems to work like it should in the garage, It'll be another month til I get to try it out on the trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.