Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a shock tech thread to show the internals of a shock, how to change the valving and some general information. These are Fox DSC shocks here and I can go thru others as needed. I believe Fox is one of the best shocks on the market and its what I've had my hands on the most in the SxS world.
A little background to add a little credit to things. I own a off road shop in North Carolina. I specialize newer Jeeps, Ultra 4 cars, suspension tuning 95% on solid axle vehicles and a little SxS work for friends. I personally race my stock width Teryx in a local series out here called ECORS and I'm a podium finisher every race, what I do works. I have to work my shocks to keep up and beat XP's and Wildcat's. Ill be running Rally Raid all next year for a total of about 16 races. I'm not doing this for business sake, I have zero plans on being a vendor on here and getting in the SxS market. It just so happens that my experience with the bigger stuff trickles down in the SxS world a little. This is just to help.....hopefully

Here are a couple vehicles I do work on.
A customer of mine, 600hp Ultra 4 car

The JK I put on the cover of Crawl Magazine in November of 2010

The same JK we race ECORS in

The Teryx in the air

Didnt know if you knew what shock fluid goes in rear stock 2011 teryx 750 and are they nitrogen charged

·
Registered
2 Posts
Didnt know if you knew what shock fluid goes in rear stock 2011 teryx 750 and are they nitrogen charged
I see no one has written back to you on this. The oil Fox is is JM92. You can check out other manufactures on their shock oils. Depending on the miles/years that are on the shocks, the oil needs to be changed out as well just like any other oil. Yes the shocks are N2 charged not compressed air. You can get away for a quick fix with compressed air but it is not dry and rust out the insides and cause other issues. N2 is used because it is a dry air and doesnt change as much with the temps as compressed air. If you dont have a No loss air chuck or a needle, you will have a hard time getting the correct fill. I hate Needle filled shocks, so I drill and tap to put a schrader valve setup in.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts