Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any trouble losing a side panel while trailering it or on the trail? We have a Teryx 2018 and lost a side panel after only a couple months and the second one was almost off too!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I haven’t but I’m going to check mine to make sure they don’t come flying off. Sorry to here about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,201 Posts
Has anyone had any trouble losing a side panel while trailering it or on the trail? We have a Teryx 2018 and lost a side panel after only a couple months and the second one was almost off too!
A friend of mine bought a 2014 T2 new before I got mine. First time they trailer-ed it, they lost a panel. When they contacted the dealer, they were told it was a common problem and recommended removing the panels before you hauled it on an open trailer at speed. Apparently they aren't designed to withstand 70+ MPH winds out on the interstate.

When I got my 2016 T2, I compared it to their 2014 and the fastener was the same. Needless to say, I always remove my panels and store them inside the truck when using an open trailer. Why they can't come up with a better design is beyond me because what they have totally sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Which panels specifically come off?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
For me, it is the side panels on a T2 that you remove to gain easy access to the storage bin behind the seat. I am not aware of any issues with panels coming off on T4's

·
Registered
196 Posts
T 4s don't have a detachable panel. Top Fuel Cars go 330 mph with the same fastener and have no problem when latched properly

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
T 4s don't have a detachable panel. Top Fuel Cars go 330 mph with the same fastener and have no problem when latched properly
As I said, this is a T2 problem, and a common one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2018 T2 and have hauled it down the freeway at 80MPH without any issues with the panels "yet" say yet because have a leak at the rear diff where the driveshaft connects and some of the nuts and bolts on the swaybar and in the bed are rusting (Rusting in the AZ desert) only 700 miles on the UTV.

I wonder if they changed anything in the side panels on the 2018 models.

I will take some pics tomorrow when I get home from work and post the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Yup, still the same. No improvements made yet. Would recommend you remove those for safe storage during transport. They are not cheap to replace.

·
JJIglesias
40 Posts
I have a T4, but a friend of mine with an almost new T2 loose one of the panels in a ride, the latch are the same that holds the access plate to fill oil in the engine. From my point of view they are no so good to hold the side panels and for worst is just one or a couple of latches, if don't tight them correctly the panel eventully will fall. Poor design if I may said...

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
The key word is tighten them correctly !
Sorry Greasy, even "tightened properly" they still flop around. Take the chance if you want to, but mine are getting stored when I transport.

·
T2 in Ak
52 Posts
Yup, the twist lock dzus fasteners are garbage! I removed both sides, drilled out the frame side and inserted a plastic rivet just like all the other panels use. Works great and still easy to remove if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Yup, the twist lock dzus fasteners are garbage! I removed both sides, drilled out the frame side and inserted a plastic rivet just like all the other panels use. Works great and still easy to remove if needed.
Interesting idea. Got pic?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts