Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the kawi enclosure , the way it straps on covers the corner of these panels . My fasteners have never been loose , and they are a pita to take off . The plastic rivet is a good idea tho !

·
Registered
13 Posts
2017 Teryx T2 800

These are pretty cheesy fasteners don't look anything like the real thing used on aircraft or race cars I am just using a high quality zip tie at the moment until I find the correct aircraft style replacement

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread here but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a better option to secure the T2 side panels? I would love a better "quick disconnect" solution because I like being able to remove them for easy access to the storage bins, but getting them back on properly can be quite difficult...

·
Registered
165 Posts
A friend of mine bought a 2014 T2 new before I got mine. First time they trailer-ed it, they lost a panel. When they contacted the dealer, they were told it was a common problem and recommended removing the panels before you hauled it on an open trailer at speed. Apparently they aren't designed to withstand 70+ MPH winds out on the interstate.

When I got my 2016 T2, I compared it to their 2014 and the fastener was the same. Needless to say, I always remove my panels and store them inside the truck when using an open trailer. Why they can't come up with a better design is beyond me because what they have totally sucks.
hawk: drill a 1/8 hole trough the small tabs where the rubber grommets fit in and then secure the panels with a small hair clip. works for me

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2018 T2 and have hauled it down the freeway at 80MPH without any issues with the panels "yet" say yet because have a leak at the rear diff where the driveshaft connects and some of the nuts and bolts on the swaybar and in the bed are rusting (Rusting in the AZ desert) only 700 miles on the UTV.

I wonder if they changed anything in the side panels on the 2018 models.

I will take some pics tomorrow when I get home from work and post the pics.
all my 2017 T2 fasteners and the tailgate latch rust, go figure

·
Registered
165 Posts
hair clip works for me

Sorry to revive an old thread here but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a better option to secure the T2 side panels? I would love a better "quick disconnect" solution because I like being able to remove them for easy access to the storage bins, but getting them back on properly can be quite difficult...
drill a 1/8 hole trough the small tabs where the rubber grommets fit in and then secure the panels with a small hair clip. works for me

Reactions: AZWildcat

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,202 Posts
hawk: drill a 1/8 hole trough the small tabs where the rubber grommets fit in and then secure the panels with a small hair clip. works for me
A hair clip? Do you have a pic of that?

·
Registered
165 Posts
pin to secure side panel

A hair clip? Do you have a pic of that?
anything similar to this clip will work preventing side panel from pulling out after drilling hole into tab

I also will do the mod adding a plastic fastener as described by Bradamuos

Attachments

Reactions: AZWildcat

·
Registered
165 Posts
panel fastener

Pictures of the side panel Mod for T2s
thanks for this idea, I will do this mod in addition to the clips I described elsewhere in this thread

21 - 30 of 30 Posts