Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Da Moderator
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Guys and gals the date is set:icon_thumleft: Saturday the 19th of February 2011 Presidents day weekend we are planning to expand our Dune ride to all forums makes and models:pepper1: Just a bad arse time like last year but BIGGER:ride: More to come, will keep you posted:icon_thumleft:

Where: Glamis Dunes Wash 22
When: Presidents Day Weekend Saturday the 19st of February
Time:9 AM to get together...until whenever...

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
Just marked that weekend on my calendar. I gotta figure out something better than my tent for the next ride though.

Reactions: chad59

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Just marked that weekend on my calendar. I gotta figure out something better than my tent for the next ride though.
X2, cause the family will be with me on this trip...renting an RV or toyhauler for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Ok Guys and gals the date is set:icon_thumleft: Monday the 21st of February 2011 Presidents day weekend we are planning to expand our Dune ride to all forums makes and models:pepper1: Just a bad arse time like last year but BIGGER:ride: More to come, will keep you posted:icon_thumleft:
We have also marked our calendar for this weekend. Fiberskinz will be there and will donate some skidplates, T-shirts & hats for the raffle. Besides Sandjunkie said he owes me a good ride.

Is Saturday the big day, meaning raffle & BBQ on this ride? What days do people plan on Sat thru Mon? or Friday thru Mon?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I will be there...no blown belts this trip...:icon_thumleft:

Actually I will probably bring 2 just in case someone else eats one like I did...:rm_thumbdown:

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
I will be there with my bright shiney SMILE!!!!:rofl2::rofl2:

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I will be there...no blown belts this trip...:icon_thumleft:

Actually I will probably bring 2 just in case someone else eats one like I did...:rm_thumbdown:
Hey SJ, is it neccessary to remove both pulleys to install a belt? I havent replaced one yet, but was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
You do not have to remove the rear pulley, but if you have to make adjustment you will have to remove the rear, but just taking one belt off and putting another on you do not have to pull the rear.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Hey SJ, is it neccessary to remove both pulleys to install a belt? I havent replaced one yet, but was just wondering.
You just have to pry apart the rear pulley...put the belt on and then spin it until it closes up again...not too bad...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have replaced them out in the wilderness without taking off either pulley.
In the shop, I pull at least the front pulley. Its a good time to clean everything up then.

Back on topic.
How many do you expect to see at a combined event?
Going to do any thing extra? eg. Drags or some sort of contest?

·
Da Moderator
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now is the time to shoot some ideas our way so we have plenty of time to plan. and some leg work from volunteers wouldn't be too bad either:icon_thumleft:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Now is the time to shoot some ideas our way so we have plenty of time to plan. and some leg work from volunteers wouldn't be too bad either:icon_thumleft:
How about less sodas!:rofl2::rofl2:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I have replaced them out in the wilderness without taking off either pulley.
In the shop, I pull at least the front pulley. Its a good time to clean everything up then.

Back on topic.
How many do you expect to see at a combined event?
Going to do any thing extra? eg. Drags or some sort of contest?
I doubt we will have any organized racing simply because of the insurance requirements and BLM's recent stance on organized racing of any kind (8 killed during the Landers race)...We WILL have a organized ride and possibly some fun contests like we did at the Custom Creations Dune Wrap Up...

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Can this be held on Gecko, or will it be in dusty flats/washes?
As much as we would LOVE to have it on Gecko? The chances of the BLM busting our get together will be greatly increased and THAT would ruin our gathering more than some dust in your carne asada...

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
As much as we would LOVE to have it on Gecko? The chances of the BLM busting our get together will be greatly increased and THAT would ruin our gathering more than some dust in your carne asada...
No shiet? Are they gettin that down and dirty? What next, you cant camp with your buddies?????

You know, I got a freakin littering ticket once because some trash that blew in from another camp during a windstorm got caught under my trailer. Bastard wrote me a $150 ticket, and im one of those guys that leaves my area cleaner than I found it.

·
Da Moderator
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The forum said they would buy a permit for the site this year so we are looking into that for Gecko rd. hopefully we can work it out but the wash road was a good spot last year lots of room.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Sounds good Chad. Maybe we can pitch in to help cover the permit fees.
You know, it kinda sux that everything is about permits. Permits for area use, permits for gatherings... they should just call it tax. You wanna play at Glamis, theyre gonna tax your ass. You wanna have a get together, theyre gonna tax your ass.

Just another nail in the coffin. I understand where the fees go, but geez... fees for everything is just getting outta control. This is why so many of my friends prefer Ocotillo now. They just dont get hassled like they would at G, BUT, G is so bad ass!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts