Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This slot is....I think....suppose to allow you to see the level of the fuel in the tank. I have yet to see the level show up. I can't see anything. To me the white plastic is not clear enough to allow that.

Does everyone have that problem, or is it just me.?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I take a flashlight and shine it in the tank to be able to read my fuel level. works alot better in the dark.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the flashlight, Idenfip. It works. Thanks for the tip.

However, it does make one think....What was Kawasaki thinking when they provided sight windows with impossbile to see through plastic. Duh. Such a nice UTV, with such a stupid concept.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yep hard to see I use the light trick as well even jsut having the seat off helps with sunlight looking at it.

Time for a after market boat sender and fuel gage.

Other than some little things I really like it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cheap fuel gauge

I haven't done it yet but I think I'm going to make a dipstick out of 1/2 inch fuel line or radiator line that I'll check thru the gas cap. I'll make marks for a full tank, a 1/2 tank and a 1/4 tank on it. Keep the hose in the glove box. When I need to check the gas I'll just take the gas cap off, stick it in the tank till it hits the bottom, pull it out and I'm done. Alot easier than climbing in the footwell while my wife shines the flashlight in the fill cap. Especially if you have doors or door bars like me. Next trip I'll try it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts