Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, just got my teryx back from dragonfire, where they installed + 6 long travel, dual equal length exhaust headers and silencers, dragonfire's CDI, AFE air intake, no mods to the box, 25.4 RWHP stock and 36.4 with all of the mods. extremely happy with dragonfire's work other than hard to get ahold of sometimes. I know this motor pretty well as I had a KFX 700 drag bike with an 840c motor, 117 hp at the crank, plus i ran a 70 shot of nitrous, bike would do 70 mph at comp hill at dumont, anyway the point being the future for the teryx looks like to me to be total dominence of the SXS industry, I know fundy performmance is building several 800cc motors right now for a certain SXS company in california to race in the SCORE desert series. Its going to be interesting to watch the teryx develope.
sincity

·
Registered
11 Posts
How Does The Teryx Perform With The Dragonfire Exhaust Cdi And Air Intake .? I Just Ordered These Parts Myself. Just Curious. Is The Exhaust Loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Just Put My Dragonfire Exhaust On And Its Awsome I Love The Sound, I Did Order Some 95db End From Dragon Fire To Make It Not So Loud If Needed. I Also Ordered The Cdi, Air Box, And Jet Kit, I Talked To Them Last Week After They Were Done With The Dyno Testing And They Are Getting 19 More Hp With This Set Up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Sincity
Have you heard who is getting 1000cc motor from Ray @ FPS?
Edit - Any pictures of your Teryx you can post.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yes i know who's getting the 971 or 1000cc motor from Ray, i tested at least ten different manufactures exhaust systems on my drag V over the years, and i would have to say that the dragonfire are the best sounding duals i've ever heard,and the muzzy would be the best 2 into 1, the dragonfire's are some what loud but i believe you can by end caps, helix these pipes would not be big enough for anything but a stock motor and maybe porting in my opinion, but i believe Ray is talking to dragon fire about making larger diameter pipes for the bigger motors. the headers are really close to equal length. the front cylinder header looks like the stock one and the rear cylinder pipe, they put a loop in the header to make it close to the same length.
sincity.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Yes,I heard something like that,sincity.

I talked to a couple pipe manufacturers today. Dragonfire is going to work on more pipe samples for other applications like big bores and race cam guys which is cool. Muzzys have one now that will do it all I beleive. Lots of nice stuff will bew developed for this buggy in time.

I was in Vegas for a couple of days this November for SEMA show and you crossed my mind. I remembered you telling me one time about your trade there,and when I noticed the constant construction there...I knew you must be busy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya the future is bright for this little monster, dragon fire told me they got 19 rwhp also which is very hard to believe, i called the tech that worked on my buggy and asked him for dyno #s, he said 25.4 hp stock and 36.4 modded which is 11 hp not 19, but one way or the other it runs good, they had 195 main jets in it, Pheonix AZ is at 1100 ft elevation, my house in vegas is at 2600 feet, i took it out and ran it on asphalt and got to 52.7 mph and the motor started to fall on its face, i rejetted down to 190 mains and ran 56.7 yesterday, and its still to rich i think, so i will try 180's today and see what happens.
sincity

1 - 12 of 12 Posts