Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with this site? I keep getting DNS errors and can't access the site on a semi regular basis , later in the evening and most of this morning I was unable to log on, just getting a domain not found error. I had noi trouble surfing hte weeb otherwise or going to other different sites, only this one.. This seems to happen all the time, nothing consistant, just semi regular. Not sure who the hosting company is but they suck whoever they are :)

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Never had an issue

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the same problem. I believe this has been posted before, I think by Chase. I am unable to access the site in the afternoon from home. I try a few hours later and its good. I thought it was my service provider.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i too have had these probs.:think:

·
Registered
186 Posts
i had this problem up until about 3 weeks ago. one day i could get on the next i could not. everything has been working fine now for about 3 weeks though. i feel your pain, it sucks. this is a great site and it is frustrating not being able to access it!

·
...at the Speed of Life
39 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to jump in here, I have been in the middle of a move and finding a new job etc...

Anyway, I have never had this issue. When it comes to computers (and especially the internet) these issues are very difficult to diagnose, and since I have never had the issue I can't begin to troubleshoot. I assure you the server itself is always up, and our DNS is configured correctly. I have paid for subscriptions to DNSstuff.com, run tests from computers all across America as well as South Africa, South America and Australia - always without problems.

In my day job I manage the Network Operations Center for the largest university in America spanning across 4 remote campuses. I know network technologies inside and out and I hate to say that our servers are running top notch and every effort has been painstakingly taken to assure that everything in setup correctly on our end.

What it comes down to is your personal internet service provider and/or the network segment you are connected to. When DNS information propagates amongst the internet it can take multiple days initially. However, once this information is cached and routing tables are updated there should never be a problem with outages again.

I know most of this information is useless to you guys, because in the long run you still can't get to the site. Unfortunately I have a hard time telling you how to fix it, and I am hesitant to tell you to "Call your ISP" because we all know how helpful those people are...

MY apologies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts