Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have several that are just spinning around in circles while im trying to tighten the bolts:censored7:. how do you get these to tighten up?weld them?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Welds on the nut to the frame probably broke free. Try a 2nd wrench to hold them if you can reach them. Better yet weld them, but you may have a hard time getting to them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This worked for me.Hold the edge of the insert with a pair of vice grips.Once you get the bolt tight enough the friction between the nut on the frame and the insert will keep it from turning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that the inserts are sort of crimped in place from the factory. Mine did not look to be welded. If you have an air ratchet, get the bolt started and then run it up with the air ratchet. The higher speed will cause it to catch and run up tight.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive tried the impact and it just spins also.theres not enough room to fit vice grips in mine.im gonna have to think about it a little more

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for the 20 hour service and bitched about this since I couldn't install my new aluminum skidplates.

They agreed it was a warranty repair and called Kawasaki. Several hours later the technician called back and said to run a nut on the bolt and tighten the nut against the frame. Then tighten the bolt and this will expand the flair insert and restore it's holding abilities. Seemed relatively successful but I still have a few that turn when I installed my new skidplates. I'll make the dealer deal with it again on my 50 hour service.

Of course this only applies after you get the lil' bastards out. As previously suggested, the dealer used high air pressure to spin 'em out.

Good luck.

:TX:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I use my fingers to get it started and then an open ended wrench to wedge the nut against the frame till the nut seems to pull it. Its a pain but it works. I have replaced some of the broken welded tab nuts with locking bolts on my Brute Force. It has the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts