Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's what some companies suggest, including SuperATV, in their instructions. I don't think having it on it's side is the main issue, but rather the issue of tipping it over while being gentle and not breaking anything! When I installed the skid plate on mine I just ran the front tires up on a set of car ramps, and then jacked up the back and put it on jackstands.

·
Vendor
920 Posts
Tipping it on its side "gently" ;) is no problem at all. We'll put jack stands under the cage to keep it from laying all the way down. If you have a couple guys to help tip and hold it, its pretty easy. @6.2Blazer 's method is also great. I've seen a lot of guys winch the front end up a tree and do it that way too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what some companies suggest, including SuperATV, in their instructions. I don't think having it on it's side is the main issue, but rather the issue of tipping it over while being gentle and not breaking anything! When I installed the skid plate on mine I just ran the front tires up on a set of car ramps, and then jacked up the back and put it on jackstands.
Tipping it on its side "gently" ;) is no problem at all. We'll put jack stands under the cage to keep it from laying all the way down. If you have a couple guys to help tip and hold it, its pretty easy. @6.2Blazer 's method is also great. I've seen a lot of guys winch the front end up a tree and do it that way too.
Thanks guys for all the good ideas. Still waiting for the freaking thing to be shipped so....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts