Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought much about needing them on previous machines, but the sound this T4 beast makes banging on the rocks has me a little concerned. I did a quick search and didn't find much discussion on the topic... Have you guys gone to aftermarket steel/aluminum skid plates or do you feel that the plastic ones from the factory have held up well enough?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a t2 but I took all the skids off and used them as a pattern then put the aluminum plates on between stock ones and frame

Arizona rocks

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I went with a full set of FUTV UHMW skids. They're not cheap, but provide the most coverage. Richochet aluminum skids are also an option and are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
On my t2 I went down to the local plastic supply place and bought 1/2" recycled uhmw and made my own. Cost about 1/2 of FUTV and I have half a sheet left over. Cut like butter w a skill saw and a cordless drill.

Reactions: Freeezen

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Richochet skids cover the footwell where people are breaking them but not the rock sliders, the futv skids cover the rock sliders but not the foot well.:sad:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Remember, the T4 relies on holes/ducts in certain places on the skids for cooling the engine and engine compartment. Its not as easy as just slapping a full sheet of aluminum or UHMW to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
The Richochet skids cover the footwell where people are breaking them but not the rock sliders, the futv skids cover the rock sliders but not the foot well.:sad:
I still don't understand why no one makes a good guard for this area. The Richochet's do give some protection, but they don't wrap up very far (less than 2" probably?). You're right, the FUTV skids offer no protection at all here, so I ended up making my own for this area. One side was 3/8" UHMW that I bought extra from FUTV and the other side is one of the stock skids cut up and screwed into place. It's not pretty, but it's better than nothing...

Reactions: Customaudio

·
Registered
645 Posts
I went with the FUTV UHMW skids, A-arm guards and rock sliders, no issues with over heating or anything, but I do notice the A-arms hold a lot of mud now! Oh well, that's why we clean these things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone suggest buying the kawasaki aluminum plates? I bought the a-arm guards, and I'm partially disappointed with the protection. they are strong and sturdy, but wish they extended closer to the boots.
I don't want to save some money on plastic skids plates and regret it later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts