Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SLIDERS !! UP HERE IN THE NORTH EAST WE NEED SLIDERS . Protection for the outermost parts of the sides so i dont have to buy plastic and sliders. anyone got ideas other than 1/8 x 2 x3 angle?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hear ya.Ive already dented both sides,and have done a number on the stock skid plates. 2inch lift bigger tires, and sliders it should go anywhere.

·
Registered
308 Posts
SLIDERS !! UP HERE IN THE NORTH EAST WE NEED SLIDERS . Protection for the outermost parts of the sides so i dont have to buy plastic and sliders. anyone got ideas other than 1/8 x 2 x3 angle?
Ill second that, btw highlife, were almost nieghbors, Im from Johnstown, PM coming your way!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I used "puck board" under my Brute for rocks to replace the cheap plastic stock protection. It takes a lot of rock abuse and slides good in the mud. It cost under 100 bucks for a 4 by 8 sheet and held it in place with some longer bolts and washers. I cut the sheet to fit my cardboard template with a jig saw and used a small torch to bend any 90 degrees angles at the edges and at the back. It has taken 3+ years of abuse and just some scratches underneath.

·
Marcus
96 Posts
I am sorry what the heck is "puck board" , I like the way it is taking abuse and cheap.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
YES, Sliders are a must. I was not happy when I pushed in the plastic on bolt sides of my Teryx. I guess I should have looked to see that there is nothing behind the plastic. I have had the sides off and have a plan for sliders. I'm up in the North West and if it's not a tree it's a rock! Yes what is "puck board" ?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
"Puck board" is also known as arena board and is the plastic sheeting that they line hockey arena wood boards with. It usually is white, though I have seen it in black (more rare) and other colors, blue and yellow, come to mind.

They also use this stuff to line horse stalls, indoor soccer rinks, and snow boarders use it on rails to protect thier boards. You can try local home improvement places. Talk to the manager of the local hockey rink. He will know where to get it and probably cheaper than I paid for it. I have never paid more than $80 for a white 4'x8' sheet and think I got once black between $100 and $120 a sheet as they didn't stock it. I typically buy 1/4" to 3/8" thick sheeting.

Here are a few companies that sells it in a few different colors including red, green yellow and blue. I have NEVER dealt with them but found it online for examples.

You may have to pick arena board.

SAN DIEGO PLASTICS - DENSETEC ARENA BOARD

| Arena Board

Orion Plastics, Our HDPE Extruded Plastic Product Line

Also if you look in the yellow pages under plastic in your area, some of the guys will that sell the plastic sheeting will now what puck board is.

edit I like it, as you can heat up the plastic (not to fast), bend it, leave it to cool in a vise, and it will hold the shape you bent it once it cooled. I use one of those blue bottle torches the plumbers use for soldering. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH FREEKIN DROOL !!!! YOU ARE MY NEW HERO !!! think i might try to use both sliders and this stuff. I love this place

·
Registered
82 Posts
we sale dg nerf bars and they have sliders built into them. have photo's but can't fiqure out a way to post them from my computer

·
Registered
40 Posts
What exactly are sliders? I know what a skid plate is, but what is a Slider? Side bumper? If you can link a image, that'd be superb, thanks.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
I was just playing with my teryx and think I have a good way to do some sliders ill try to make a test set tomorrow

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been working on a set for a couple of days now and have just about finished them, I just need to tig it all up. i am using 1X3 square tubingand 1X1 square stock kinda like snow ski nerf bar combo.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
FST Sliders

If we have enough interest I can have 5 sets of these in raw metal by the end of next week but I posted them up and nobody said they want any.
Look at them and let me know.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts