Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 is smoking pretty bad never has before runs great never shuts off can ride for 20 miles have to add oil should I put a sophin break in it idk what to do going riding next weekend please help

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
You didn't say whether your 2013 was a Teryx2 (last of the 1st Gen.), or a Teryx4. The 1st Gen. had a factory siphon break in 2013, my 2011 has one. Is the oil possibly overfilled, oil in the airbox?

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pull a plug. That will tell you if you are burning oil or not. If it is oil burning, sounds like you need to do a STOP type kit that Hunterworks used to sell. You will have to make up your own kit like I did, on account they no longer sell it. But parts can be had online for around $120 or less. Good afternoon job.

You can snag an adapter fitting on Amazon. I believe it is a M18-1.5 fitting for the crank case inspection plug.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
A 2013 Teryx2 should have a factory siphon break, my 2011 does. I have seen the 1st Gens. blow oil into the airbox and smoke like hell when the oil is overfilled. Also can be caused by compression blowby into the crankcase from shelled rings, somewhat common on the early Teryx because of less than ideal airbox location/design, and poor air filter maintenance.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts