Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing several threads on here about snorkels and kits and home made stuff i decided to attack it myself. I was very suprised at how easy these things are to snorkel. It took some patients and a few extra feet of 2" PVC but i gotter done.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Machine Automotive engine part

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Family car

Vehicle Car seat Car Room Car seat cover

Space Pipe Plumbing fixture Plumbing Astronaut

Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle Room

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I did mine the same way. Works great! Word of caution though, if you blow a belt it will blow hot rubber in the back seat lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So you bought the pods with speakers already in them? Got a model or weblink I could find them? They look really nice and I was about to build some, but if they are reasonable I may just buy instead...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No the pods are OCX from crawltunes.com and the speakers are Rockford Fosgate M282B. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the sound. I am currently looking for a subwoofer set up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks great, I'm going to try snorkel mine tomorrow, Is that 2" pipe your using? silicone or glue after you finish putting together?

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Nice job. Clean install.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its 2"sch40 pvc. I used the non pressure fittings because they where cheaper and took up less room. Prefit everything and then glued it all. The CVT inlet will go in all glued together it just tricky to get it in there. Mark ur fittings and pipe with a sharpey so u know how they line up once u take them out to apply glue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, Decided to go fwd with the lower snorkel, built it up to the airbox, looks damn good,,,,,,
Ok, confused about back one, Do I need a 2.5" adapter to a 2"?
The upper CVT opening is a lot bigger than the lower one.
THX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can get a 3"X2" reducing insert from lowes. It will fit inside the rubber boot on the CVT exhaust side. Re-use the existing clamp. I also used 2" rubber couplings from lowes to go through the engine cover. The couplings come with a pipe clamp on both sides and they where cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts