Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got told if I buy a plow and get it set up it won’t snow so here’s to trying not to get snow... first year in the north I’m from Florida so any tips on snow plowing let’s here them please and thanks hope everyone else is having a great week

·
Registered
292 Posts
That sounds about right! I gave away my old snowblower this summer and didn't bother replacing it. We got a foot of snow in 2 days a few weeks back and another 4" then another 6"..... Only another 4-5 months of snow!:confused:

I don't have any tips to offer, last time I cleared snow with a blade was on an old 2wd honda many moons ago. Maybe buy a snowblower to just for good measure then you'll be guaranteed no snow for next year too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s a good idea I will add a snow blower to the list for my shopping list this weekend thanks man...

I am hopeing for no snow so what ever I can do to not get any is worth it for me lmao

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
I had two snowblowers prior to buying my T4 with a plow. I have one to my father n law and the other one is sitting in my garage still as I never use it. The little bit of areas I can’t get with the plow, I spend a couple of minutes with the shovel.

First thing I would mention is run your cable from your plow to the top of your front bumper. This takes the weight off of the winch, bracket and fair lead. I know my setup is the moose brand and they have a pulley system that mounts to the plow for the winch. The dealership didn’t put that on when I bought it so it ended up bending the fairlead exposing the edge of the bracket which caused the rope to break. Dealership fixed everything but I had to pay for the pulley. $40 I think.
When you plow, go slow. I think I stay under about 7 mph. Angle the blade and have fun. Always lift the blade before you go in reverse. Don’t try dragging the blade in reverse. It can cause some damage to the mounting bracket. Make sure you have a drink with you as well. Very important to stay hydrated.

Reactions: Mark64061#

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had two snowblowers prior to buying my T4 with a plow. I have one to my father n law and the other one is sitting in my garage still as I never use it. The little bit of areas I can’t get with the plow, I spend a couple of minutes with the shovel.

First thing I would mention is run your cable from your plow to the top of your front bumper. This takes the weight off of the winch, bracket and fair lead. I know my setup is the moose brand and they have a pulley system that mounts to the plow for the winch. The dealership didn’t put that on when I bought it so it ended up bending the fairlead exposing the edge of the bracket which caused the rope to break. Dealership fixed everything but I had to pay for the pulley. $40 I think.
When you plow, go slow. I think I stay under about 7 mph. Angle the blade and have fun. Always lift the blade before you go in reverse. Don’t try dragging the blade in reverse. It can cause some damage to the mounting bracket. Make sure you have a drink with you as well. Very important to stay hydrated.
Thanks for that info on running it up to bumper I will do that and thanks for the other info I didn’t have to know anything about snow in Florida makes me want to move back only issue there is making sure there’s ice for my drinks lol

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
Good advice above on plowing. I’ve never plowed with the Teryx, but have with a Grizzly and Brute Force 750. They did a fantastic job, so I can only imagine how well a SxS does. Plowing is actually fun, so enjoy!

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
Good advice above on plowing. I’ve never plowed with the Teryx, but have with a Grizzly and Brute Force 750. They did a fantastic job, so I can only imagine how well a SxS does. Plowing is actually fun, so enjoy!
Once you plow with the Teryx, you will wonder why you ever plowed with a quad.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
84 Posts
setup looks good. I'm not sure where you are located, but one other tip when plowing is to make sure you give yourself enough room to push for the whole winter. If you are in an area that doesn't get much snow, or it melts throughout the winter it's not a big deal, but if you're in a place where it accumulates for a few months you want to make sure that you give yourself room to put the snow. So, push it back far enough in dump areas (end of driveway, turn arounds, etc) so that you have still have room come February.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
setup looks good. I'm not sure where you are located, but one other tip when plowing is to make sure you give yourself enough room to push for the whole winter. If you are in an area that doesn't get much snow, or it melts throughout the winter it's not a big deal, but if you're in a place where it accumulates for a few months you want to make sure that you give yourself room to put the snow. So, push it back far enough in dump areas (end of driveway, turn arounds, etc) so that you have still have room come February.
thanks man yeah I’m in New Hampshire not real sure how much snow we will get but I will make sure to have plenty of room thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts