Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2020 Teryx 4 to the shop today to get a cv boot fixed(warranty). I had to take it about 40 miles on a trailer, and that all went fine. So after we get there I started it up and back it off the trailer and parked it. But it was not where they wanted it, so I had to move it. Now here is where something odd happens. I go to start it and it wouldn't start, it just turn over and over, and yes it was in neutral. So I gave it a few minutes, and it started right up. I told the service guy what just happened, and he seemed baffled to why that just happen. Any of you have any idea why that would of happen? Btw, this has never happened, and I did fuel vent mod to it awhile ago.馃槙

Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
Partially flooded maybe? A baffled service guy, hard to believe!
Mine has been kinda finicky once in a while, usually when its hot though. It'll crank and crank, I just stop, cycle the key(prime the pump) and it's good to go. Sometime just give it a little throttle.

It hasn't happened to me often enough to look into it. I'll wait til I'm stranded 60 miles from camp first I should probably pull the plugs and take a look. Maybe just replace them while it's in the garage. Inspecting the plugs, iirc is part of the first service, that I stupidly let the dealer do, but they didn't even pull the console out.

Reactions: Haywire

Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
I've had my 2019 do that a couple times before as well when trying to restart after turning it off. I just turned the key off for second and tried again and it was fine. I assumed it was just a little hiccup in the fuel system somewhere but have never really thought about it too much. Maybe I'm just too used to running carbureted atvs, lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off topic here, have any of you had to use chains to the down your Teryx or any other utv to a trailer? I don't own a trailer atm, and I have a friend that will haul my Teryx if needed, but he likes to use chains. I just wrap the chain with material to protect any paint the chain might touch. So far things have been ok, but maybe I should get some straps to use from now on?

Registered
2017 Teryx4
Nylon straps. These are not pieces of heavy equipment that need screwed to the trailer. I suppose I would use chains/binders if it's all I had but if I have a choice it's straps. And, I have lots of straps. A nice set of straps won't break the bank.

Registered
I use this style that has the axle straps built into the ratchet part, and d-rings on the deck of the trailer. Basically wrap the one side around the frame, a-arm, etc... and the other end to the D-ring. The snap hook design means it's basically impossible for it to come unhooked even if the strap loosens some. Chains and binders are a huge PITA and I only use them for big equipment.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use this style that has the axle straps built into the ratchet part, and d-rings on the deck of the trailer. Basically wrap the one side around the frame, a-arm, etc... and the other end to the D-ring. The snap hook design means it's basically impossible for it to come unhooked even if the strap loosens some. Chains and binders are a huge PITA and I only use them for big equipment.

Nice straps, and I told him next time I need him we are not using a chain. Chain is ok as long as you protect the paint the chain might be against.

Registered
Nice straps, and I told him next time I need him we are not using a chain. Chain is ok as long as you protect the paint the chain might be against.
I've used that style of straps for 20 years to secure my 6,000 lb. fullsize off-road rig on many road trips. One of the biggest factors on using any ratchet straps is getting them tight, and part of that is using big enough straps/ratchets. Those little $10 straps you buy at Walmart are not what you need. You need enough tension on them so the machine doesn't move and rock around. Can't count how many people I see barely snug up the strap when tightening them down. On my fullsize rig I would ratchet it down as tight as possible, then pull over within 5-10 miles after heading down the road and make sure all the straps were still as tight as possible. I also hate dealing with the left over strap on those 20' long versions......yes, I carry a few with me for random loads as you never know how much strap you need but for anything I haul on a regular basis I will cut down the straps to the length I need.

Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
You guys tie yours down?

Registered
2017 Teryx4
You guys tie yours down?
If it weren't for all the other morons on the road I could get by using a little sisal twine and Polident to secure my rig. I'm not sure what kind of washboards others drive on but I just need to cinch mine down a bit and it isn't going anywhere. I do check the straps down the road if it's on my flatbed.

Premium Member
These teryxs are known to have no starts without some throttle. Higher miles it can get worse. I know the early gen 2 2012/13 t4鈥檚 do it

Few things to remember
Don鈥檛 short trip run it. It can flood

Learn what 鈥渃lear flood is鈥

Don鈥檛 use ethanol fuel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts